When I copy to a CD it states files were copied to a temporary file folder.
However, that folder no longer appears for me as it did previously. I had
this problem earlier and received helpful resolution at this site but can no
longer find my previous post. Help anyone? Thanks!!

%homepath%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
or
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\CD Burning

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:40CD1606-A438-4B6A-889B-2061681AA3F2@microsoft.com,
Jessie <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> When I copy to a CD it states files were copied to a temporary file
> folder. However, that folder no longer appears for me as it did
> previously. I had this problem earlier and received helpful resolution at
> this site but can no longer find my previous post. Help anyone? Thanks!!

Thanks...I got to the CD Burning Folder, but then how do I proceed? There
were no options to burn the CD...

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> %homepath%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
> or
> C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:40CD1606-A438-4B6A-889B-2061681AA3F2@microsoft.com,
> Jessie <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > When I copy to a CD it states files were copied to a temporary file
> > folder. However, that folder no longer appears for me as it did
> > previously. I had this problem earlier and received helpful resolution at
> > this site but can no longer find my previous post. Help anyone? Thanks!!

'How to copy information to a CD in Windows XP'
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306524&sd=tech

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Jessie wrote:

> Thanks...I got to the CD Burning Folder, but then how do I proceed? There
> were no options to burn the CD...
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>

>>%homepath%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
>>or
>>C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Local Settings\Application
>>Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
>>
>>--
>>Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>>Wes
>>MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>>In news:40CD1606-A438-4B6A-889B-2061681AA3F2@microsoft.com,
>>Jessie <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>
>>>When I copy to a CD it states files were copied to a temporary file
>>>folder. However, that folder no longer appears for me as it did
>>>previously. I had this problem earlier and received helpful resolution at
>>>this site but can no longer find my previous post. Help anyone? Thanks!!

I printed out the "how to copy" information but it does not solve my problem.
I have located the CD Burning File Folder with the files ready to be burned
but there is no display of "Files Ready to Be Written to the CD" nor is "CD
Writing Tasks" appearing. When i click on the CD recording drive, (which has
a blank writable CD in it) it states: "Please insert a disk into drive" and I
have done this repeatedly.
I seems that when this happened previously I had to enter some information
into the registry, but I didn't keep that information unfortunately. I can't
find my old post that was made in July. More help?

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> 'How to copy information to a CD in Windows XP'
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306524&sd=tech
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> Jessie wrote:
>
> > Thanks...I got to the CD Burning Folder, but then how do I proceed? There
> > were no options to burn the CD...
> >
> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >

> >>%homepath%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
> >>or
> >>C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Local Settings\Application
> >>Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
> >>
> >>--
> >>Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >>Wes
> >>MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >>
> >>In news:40CD1606-A438-4B6A-889B-2061681AA3F2@microsoft.com,
> >>Jessie <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

Jessie,
If I understand your problem, you don't need to place the files in the path
>>%homepath%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning

You just need to place a blank CDR in your drive, then open that drive from
My Computer. Any files placed in that screen are ready to be burned
(they're actually in the above mention path). On the left frame of the
screen, there is a link to Write these files to CD. That's what you want.

The only time I have found a need to use the above mentioned path is when
I'm writing a script to place a series of files in that folder to be burned
at a later time.

Hope this helps...

Dick

"Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I printed out the "how to copy" information but it does not solve my
>problem.
> I have located the CD Burning File Folder with the files ready to be
> burned
> but there is no display of "Files Ready to Be Written to the CD" nor is
> "CD
> Writing Tasks" appearing. When i click on the CD recording drive, (which
> has
> a blank writable CD in it) it states: "Please insert a disk into drive"
> and I
> have done this repeatedly.
> I seems that when this happened previously I had to enter some information
> into the registry, but I didn't keep that information unfortunately. I
> can't
> find my old post that was made in July. More help?
>
> "S.Sengupta" wrote:
>
>> 'How to copy information to a CD in Windows XP'
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306524&sd=tech
>>
>> regards,
>> ssg MS-MVP
>>
>> Jessie wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks...I got to the CD Burning Folder, but then how do I proceed?
>> > There
>> > were no options to burn the CD...

Dick...I have done what you said...placing a blank CDR in the drive, then
opened that drive from My Computer. But...On the left frame of the
screen, there is not a link to Write these files to CD.

Now I also tried to copy a file to the drive with a CDR in the drive, and I
got the message---"Selected disk drive is not in use. Check to make sure a
disk is inserted."
And there was a disk inserted.

I also checked services.msc to see that IMAPI CD Burning was started. It
was...and I re-started it.

Any more thoughts on this? Would certainly appreciated it! Do you know if
there is a way to check out an older post other than searching one by one?
Thanks, Jessie!

"Dick Sutton" wrote:

> Jessie,
> If I understand your problem, you don't need to place the files in the path
> >>%homepath%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
>
> You just need to place a blank CDR in your drive, then open that drive from
> My Computer. Any files placed in that screen are ready to be burned
> (they're actually in the above mention path). On the left frame of the
> screen, there is a link to Write these files to CD. That's what you want.
>
> The only time I have found a need to use the above mentioned path is when
> I'm writing a script to place a series of files in that folder to be burned
> at a later time.
>
> Hope this helps...
>
> Dick
>
> "Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I printed out the "how to copy" information but it does not solve my
> >problem.
> > I have located the CD Burning File Folder with the files ready to be
> > burned
> > but there is no display of "Files Ready to Be Written to the CD" nor is
> > "CD
> > Writing Tasks" appearing. When i click on the CD recording drive, (which
> > has
> > a blank writable CD in it) it states: "Please insert a disk into drive"
> > and I
> > have done this repeatedly.
> > I seems that when this happened previously I had to enter some information
> > into the registry, but I didn't keep that information unfortunately. I
> > can't
> > find my old post that was made in July. More help?
> >
> > "S.Sengupta" wrote:
> >
> >> 'How to copy information to a CD in Windows XP'
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306524&sd=tech
> >>
> >> regards,
> >> ssg MS-MVP

Jesse,
I've never seem your situation. It would appear that your installed code is
goofed up (technical term).

I think that I would try the following:

Logon as an administrator
Start -> Run
Type in 'cmd' then enter (no quotes - you're now in a dos-like window)
Type in 'sfc /scannow' then enter

When done, type in 'exit' in the command window.

This will do a system file check and identify/replace bad system software.

As far as older posts - try Google Archive (//groups.google.com)

> Dick...I have done what you said...placing a blank CDR in the drive, then
> opened that drive from My Computer. But...On the left frame of the
> screen, there is not a link to Write these files to CD.
>
> Now I also tried to copy a file to the drive with a CDR in the drive, and
> got the message---"Selected disk drive is not in use. Check to make sure a
> disk is inserted."
> And there was a disk inserted.
>
> I also checked services.msc to see that IMAPI CD Burning was started. It
> was...and I re-started it.
>
> Any more thoughts on this? Would certainly appreciated it! Do you know if
> there is a way to check out an older post other than searching one by one?
> Thanks, Jessie!
>

> "Dick Sutton" wrote:
>
>> Jessie,
>> If I understand your problem, you don't need to place the files in the
>> path
>>
>> You just need to place a blank CDR in your drive, then open that drive
>> from
>> My Computer. Any files placed in that screen are ready to be burned
>> (they're actually in the above mention path). On the left frame of the
>> screen, there is a link to Write these files to CD. That's what you
>> want.
>>
>> The only time I have found a need to use the above mentioned path is when
>> I'm writing a script to place a series of files in that folder to be
>> burned
>> at a later time.
>>
>> Hope this helps...
>>
>> Dick
>>
>> "Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I printed out the "how to copy" information but it does not solve my
>> >problem.
>> > I have located the CD Burning File Folder with the files ready to be
>> > burned
>> > but there is no display of "Files Ready to Be Written to the CD" nor is
>> > "CD
>> > Writing Tasks" appearing. When i click on the CD recording drive,
>> > (which
>> > has
>> > a blank writable CD in it) it states: "Please insert a disk into drive"
>> > and I
>> > have done this repeatedly.
>> > I seems that when this happened previously I had to enter some
>> > information
>> > into the registry, but I didn't keep that information unfortunately. I
>> > can't
>> > find my old post that was made in July. More help?

DEPRESSED!!!...that didn't work as it asked for my CD for XP and replied that
it couldn't do anything as my version was updated from the original CD, etc

I do have files to write in the cd burner file, but "no message or option on
the screen to burn to cd"...That message has disappeared along with the
option to burn cd. I do thank you for your help and if you think of
something let me know. As a said before, at one time when this happened I had
to enter "something" in the registry, but I did not save the reply. I have
spent a considerable time on this browsing for old replies and am
now...wondering if it is worth it. My best to you for your help!!!! Thanks,
Jessie

"Dick Sutton" wrote:

> Jesse,
> I've never seem your situation. It would appear that your installed code is
> goofed up (technical term).
>
> I think that I would try the following:
>
> Logon as an administrator
> Start -> Run
> Type in 'cmd' then enter (no quotes - you're now in a dos-like window)
> Type in 'sfc /scannow' then enter
>
> When done, type in 'exit' in the command window.
>
> This will do a system file check and identify/replace bad system software.
>
> As far as older posts - try Google Archive (//groups.google.com)
>
> Dick
>
> "Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dick...I have done what you said...placing a blank CDR in the drive, then
> > opened that drive from My Computer. But...On the left frame of the
> > screen, there is not a link to Write these files to CD.
> >
> > Now I also tried to copy a file to the drive with a CDR in the drive, and
> > got the message---"Selected disk drive is not in use. Check to make sure a
> > disk is inserted."
> > And there was a disk inserted.
> >
> > I also checked services.msc to see that IMAPI CD Burning was started. It
> > was...and I re-started it.
> >
> > Any more thoughts on this? Would certainly appreciated it! Do you know if
> > there is a way to check out an older post other than searching one by one?
> > Thanks, Jessie!
> >

> > "Dick Sutton" wrote:
> >
> >> Jessie,
> >> If I understand your problem, you don't need to place the files in the
> >> path
> >>
> >> You just need to place a blank CDR in your drive, then open that drive
> >> from
> >> My Computer. Any files placed in that screen are ready to be burned
> >> (they're actually in the above mention path). On the left frame of the
> >> screen, there is a link to Write these files to CD. That's what you
> >> want.
> >>
> >> The only time I have found a need to use the above mentioned path is when
> >> I'm writing a script to place a series of files in that folder to be
> >> burned
> >> at a later time.
> >>
> >> Hope this helps...
> >>
> >> Dick
> >>
> >> "Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

SUCCESS...PART WAY!! While browsing other "posts" I found a referral to go
to: Article ID 316529. I followed the directions and when done...to my
surprise the options came back for recording to a CD!! The part way now is
that I do have the options before me, I get the message that the files are
ready to be burned, and I follow through until my computer tells me to put a
disk in the drive and I have done this numerous times. I wonder if there is
a solution for that?

Anyway, found the solution for the burning option...just had to go into the
registry and changed a 3 to a 2.