FiL

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002

Hi all. Please bear with me as it's a head-scratcher for me (I'm used to XP &
98) but probably basic for you! I have installed Win2kPro (5.0.2195, Build
2195) on a new hard-disk and everything looks fine, except....although I have
defined Users in addition to Administrator and Guest, when I boot it up I get
the Administrator login window rather than the list of Userids to select
from. Can anyone suggest which fundamental error I have made with the
installation (and what to do about it)? All help will be gratefully received!
--
All the best,

Fil

=?Utf-8?B?Rmls?= <Fil@discussions.microsoft.com> said

> Hi all. Please bear with me as it's a head-scratcher for me (I'm used to
> XP & 98) but probably basic for you! I have installed Win2kPro
> (5.0.2195, Build 2195) on a new hard-disk and everything looks fine,
> except....although I have defined Users in addition to Administrator and
> Guest, when I boot it up I get the Administrator login window rather
> than the list of Userids to select from. Can anyone suggest which
> fundamental error I have made with the installation (and what to do
> about it)? All help will be gratefully received!

You don't get a list of users to choose from with Windows 2000. You get the
login screen which, by default, will display the username of the last person
to login to the machine. Just type your username in that field, put in your
password and you're in.

--

Andy.

FiL

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002

All the best,

Fil

"Andrew Mitchell" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?Rmls?= <Fil@discussions.microsoft.com> said
>
> > Hi all. Please bear with me as it's a head-scratcher for me (I'm used to
> > XP & 98) but probably basic for you! I have installed Win2kPro
> > (5.0.2195, Build 2195) on a new hard-disk and everything looks fine,
> > except....although I have defined Users in addition to Administrator and
> > Guest, when I boot it up I get the Administrator login window rather
> > than the list of Userids to select from. Can anyone suggest which
> > fundamental error I have made with the installation (and what to do
> > about it)? All help will be gratefully received!
>
> You don't get a list of users to choose from with Windows 2000. You get the
> login screen which, by default, will display the username of the last person
> to login to the machine. Just type your username in that field, put in your
> password and you're in.
>
> --
>
> Andy.

Oh brother. Thanks Andy - I shall now don my donkey-ears and do just that!

Fil