[SOLVED] no video output coming from my 1070ti

Jan 23, 2020
so I've recently upgraded to a 1070ti from a 970; I removed the old nvidia drivers and installed the new ones for the 1070ti. However no matter what I do, I cannot get any video output on my monitor. the graphics card is being detected as I could download the drivers and can see it in task manager. I tried plugging the HDMI in my motherboard port and the video output works.
couple of informations you may want:
motherboard is a Gigabyte H110M-S2PH
CPU is an intel core i5 7400
RAM is 16gb
PSU is a thermaltake 730w bronze plus
the 1070ti is an asus cerberus edition 8gb
I tried switching from BIOS the video input from IGFX to CPI-E and it doesn't work. I use an HDMI connector.
motherboard BIOS was updated to support my i5 since I switched from a 6th to 7th gen.
I previously upgrade my gpu from an r9 270x to my gtx 970

Solution
Considering Thermaltake hasn't even made a 730w unit in about seven years, we can surmise that your unit is AT LEAST 7 years old, which is about four years MORE than the original warranty period and if that is the Smart 730w unit like I believe it is, then it's pretty certain that it was never built to last much beyond the warranty in the first place which doesn't even factor in the fact as DSzymborski noted that it was low quality and group regulated to begin with or that it was a unit that had:

• Loose voltage regulation
  • Bad results at Crossload tests
  • 3.3V rail out of limits in the second Advanced Transient Response test
  • Cannot deliver its full power at >40°C operating temperature
Yeah, there's a failure somewhere...
Jan 23, 2020
I sorted out the problem. The case I'm using was simply getting in the way due to bad designing, preventing my HDMI from fully entering the port. Cooler master's really <Mod Edit> at case manufacturing

Last edited by a moderator:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I sorted out the problem. The case I'm using was simply getting in the way due to bad designing, preventing my HDMI from fully entering the port. Cooler master's really <Mod Edit> at case manufacturing

My guess is the GPU saw the power supply you were going to connect it to and decided to put up as much resistance as it could muster to prevent you from doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering Thermaltake hasn't even made a 730w unit in about seven years, we can surmise that your unit is AT LEAST 7 years old, which is about four years MORE than the original warranty period and if that is the Smart 730w unit like I believe it is, then it's pretty certain that it was never built to last much beyond the warranty in the first place which doesn't even factor in the fact as DSzymborski noted that it was low quality and group regulated to begin with or that it was a unit that had:

• Loose voltage regulation
  • Bad results at Crossload tests
  • 3.3V rail out of limits in the second Advanced Transient Response test
  • Cannot deliver its full power at >40°C operating temperature
Yeah, there's a failure somewhere in all of this but it isn't from the people trying to help you.

Solution