No video output through graphics card

Leo1234

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
I have a gtx 960 graphics card plugged into an asus mother board. And when the card is in the system, I receive no video output from any of the ports. I have had the card tested and it works fine, I've also had the computer tested TWICE now (other bigger cards work fine in my PC, memstest and other tests I'm unsure all good) and they both seem to be in working order.. But they won't work together. I have the system set up now using the on board graphics and works great. But can't get any video through that particular graphics card.

I would really appreciate some suggestions to fix this.

Thanks!

spagalicious

Distinguished
I would say examine the 960's contacts for any sign of deformity. After verifying that the card is 100% functional, do a driver sweep for any graphics drivers on your system and reinstall the recommended graphics drivers for the 960.

If you still are unable to get any output through the card but you know for a fact that the particular slot where the 960 is mounted works with other graphics cards, the card is most likely to blame.

When you say the card was tested, you mean verified in another setup and your were able to use the card's ports?

Leo1234

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
I sent it back to the store I bought it from, and they completed tests on the card and are ensuring me that the card is in working order so they sent it back to me. Since then I've put it back into my PC with the same problem (no video output), and then put it into a mates system and it worked fine. I will try uninstalling any previous graphics drivers and let you know how I go.

Thanks