Question No video output when turning monitor off and then later on again (3600 x570m pro4 1070 strix)

Nov 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

After recent PC (b350m mortar, 1700x) failure, oily leak around VRM's, i bought new components x570m pro4, R5 3600, 16gb corsair 3000mhz. System ran fine for a day, then started restarting till it stopped booting. I Tested PSU and tester showing HH spikes on 3.3v line. I assumed PSU killed new mobo, taking no risks i got x570 and cpu replaced and i bought TX-M 650w. I kept ram, strix 1070, case and drives. New computer kept constantly restarting within few minutes. eventually trying everything i fixed it by unplugging all front panel I/O (audio and usb, restart button and led's) only kept power button.

Not sure if it is possible that front panel got damaged by PSU but it fixed it.

After that PC ran fine, can pass stress tests and run games hours without issues. I left my computer running a game afk overnight, turned off the monitor. In the morning i turned on the monitor but image did not return. Had to shut down pc (because front panel is not connected as mentioned before) to get the image back. If i just turn monitor off and then on again, it's fine. It only happens after a long time, nothing in windows event viewer.

Does anyone have any ideas recommendations. Could the GPU be damaged even if it runs just fine? Could it be bad Nvidia driver (using the latests)? Some corrupt windows drivers?

Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks

P.S i do not have second monitor nor GPU to try out. Also if my explanation is lacking please ask and i'll try to give you more details. I'm not that great at explaining myself :(

Hi everyone,

After recent PC (b350m mortar, 1700x) failure, oily leak around VRM's, i bought new components x570m pro4, R5 3600, 16gb corsair 3000mhz. System ran fine for a day, then started restarting till it stopped booting. I Tested PSU and tester showing HH spikes on 3.3v line. I assumed PSU killed new mobo, taking no risks i got x570 and cpu replaced and i bought TX-M 650w. I kept ram, strix 1070, case and drives. New computer kept constantly restarting within few minutes. eventually trying everything i fixed it by unplugging all front panel I/O (audio and usb, restart button and led's) only kept power button.

Not sure if it is possible that front panel got damaged by PSU but it fixed it.

After that PC ran fine, can pass stress tests and run games hours without issues. I left my computer running a game afk overnight, turned off the monitor. In the morning i turned on the monitor but image did not return. Had to shut down pc (because front panel is not connected as mentioned before) to get the image back. If i just turn monitor off and then on again, it's fine. It only happens after a long time, nothing in windows event viewer.

Does anyone have any ideas recommendations. Could the GPU be damaged even if it runs just fine? Could it be bad Nvidia driver (using the latests)? Some corrupt windows drivers?

Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks

P.S i do not have second monitor nor GPU to try out. Also if my explanation is lacking please ask and i'll try to give you more details. I'm not that great at explaining myself :(
My guess would be windows going to sleep mode but can't "wake" monitor up.