No video output (with video card or onboard) with Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0

Nov 26, 2018
I am building my new gaming PC. I have assembled it with the following components:

- Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0
- CPU: Intel i9-9900K
- CPU cooler: NOCTUA NH-D15
- GPU: PNY GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
- Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2

As soon as I try to boot up, the VGA light on the MB lights up solid for a few seconds, then the system reboots automatically. I get no video output at all. I also tried to remove the video card and tried to get some video output through the on-board / CPU graphics, but without success. Same result.

On the Gigabyte website I found the information that the support for i9 processors was added in a (maybe) later BIOS version than I have. But I don't know how to update BIOS without video output and with my system rebooting after a few seconds over and over again. Also the CPU light on the MB does not light up, which it should do if the CPU was not supported, I suppose.

Solution
It may need a BIOS update to support that CPU since it's 9th gen. The mobo is 8th gen

Intel Core i9-9900K 3.60GHz 16MB 350 MHz / 1200 MHz Coffee Lake 14nm P0 95W 100 F10

Thats the tricky bit. You'll need a lower spec CPU to flash the BIOS, then install this CPU
It may need a BIOS update to support that CPU since it's 9th gen. The mobo is 8th gen

Intel Core i9-9900K 3.60GHz 16MB 350 MHz / 1200 MHz Coffee Lake 14nm P0 95W 100 F10

Thats the tricky bit. You'll need a lower spec CPU to flash the BIOS, then install this CPU

Solution
Nov 26, 2018
I went to my local computer store and they recommended to buy an CPU of 8th Gen. (which I can use for flashing and then return it), because an older CPU might not work. So I bought an Intel i3-8100 and it finally booted. Then I flashed the BIOS and got my i9 to work. Thanks everyone.