Question No video signal when booting into BIOS ?

ChrisLallo

Prominent
Aug 8, 2021
Hello,

For a LONG time, I've had an ongoing issue, wherein I cannot get my PC to boot into BIOS. Every time I have tried, either by booting into it from Windows or by pressing the appropriate keys on boot, I am either landed back at my lock screen OR I get no video signal.

I am tempted to think that, when I get no video signal, I actually am in BIOS, but it won't display for some reason. I have tried plugging my HDMI into both my GPU and my motherboard, but neither work in that situation.

In the past, I have been advised to clear my CMOS. I did this once, and it let me into BIOS one time, but has never let me back in since.

If anyone has any information on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Components:
ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-Plus WiFi
Gigabyte RTX 3060

Hello,

For a LONG time, I've had an ongoing issue, wherein I cannot get my PC to boot into BIOS. Every time I have tried, either by booting into it from Windows or by pressing the appropriate keys on boot, I am either landed back at my lock screen OR I get no video signal.

I am tempted to think that, when I get no video signal, I actually am in BIOS, but it won't display for some reason. I have tried plugging my HDMI into both my GPU and my motherboard, but neither work in that situation.

In the past, I have been advised to clear my CMOS. I did this once, and it let me into BIOS one time, but has never let me back in since.

If anyone has any information on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Components:
ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-Plus WiFi
Gigabyte RTX 3060
What's the monitor your using certain bios's only support specific resolution and will force it on certain screens but not all it also depends on if your mobo fully supports your CPU.

ChrisLallo

Prominent
Aug 8, 2021
Did you update the bios to fully support the CPU according to Asus the mobo didn't support your CPU on release it was added in to a bios update
I use Armoury Crate, and I downloaded and installed all the available updates, though none of them distinctly said they were BIOS updates. How else can I update my BIOS?

I use Armoury Crate, and I downloaded and installed all the available updates, though none of them distinctly said they were BIOS updates. How else can I update my BIOS?
Saddly you need a supported CPU to this this because it requires entering the bios and yours obviously won't enter the bios with out it. The only thing I can suggest worth the money is take it to a shop to have the bios flashed with the newest one