Question No Video through GPU or Motherboard

SirMonkeyV

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
Hello. Here are my specs.
  • i5-4590
  • Four 4GB RAM sticks. G.skill Ripjaws (Total 16GB RAM)
  • MSI RX 580 8GB
  • Gigabyte z97X-UD3H motherboard
  • 2 WD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM in Spanned drive
  • 860 Evo 1 TB SSD
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 650G1 Gold Power Supply
  • Corsair Carbide 200R case
  • LG Bluray Drive
I am not getting video output through the GPU or the motherboard. Here are the things I have tried
  • Checking if monitor is on and functional with my XBOX. The monitor does work.
  • Tried another HDMI cable
  • Tried Displayport cable
  • Plugged into motherboard HDMI
  • Took out GPU, then tried through motherboard HDMI
  • Tried to get to BIOS. Couldn't
  • Took out 3 RAM sticks and tried with one. Then tried the other RAM sticks one by one.
  • Listened for Beep codes. I usually get 1 beep when it turns on normally. There are no Beep codes at all
  • Tested to see if Beep speaker works by removing all RAM. It beeped, so the beep does work.
  • Tested PSU with PSU tester. It is good.
All fans spin including GPU and CPU fan. The one motherboard orange LED turns on too, so you do not notice anything in the PC other than no beep. The monitor also momentarily wakes up as if it received a signal, but there is no output at all and it goes back to sleep. So I have tested everything except the motherboard and CPU. I do not have a spare CPU or motherboard. But I think there would be beep code for the CPU if it died? I also can't get into BIOS, so it can't be HDD or Windows? Does that leave the motherboard to be dead? The motherboard is out of warranty. Did I miss anything? Please help. Thank you.

SirMonkeyV

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
Seems like you've been quite thorough, so I can't add much, but one thing I do notice is... you don't mention how you've eliminated the graphics card as a potential issue. Any chance of borrowing one?
Thank you for your reply. Well I don't know for sure that the Gpu isn't dead too, but I don't think so. It's only 4 months old while the motherboard is almost 4 years old. I also took out the GPU and I got no signal through the motherboard HDMI. I also certainly did not disable the onboard graphics in the UEFI. I also reset the CMOS jumper, which it reset, but still has no video output. It also doesn't have a beep when it usually does. I may or may not be able to borrow a friend's GPU.

Could it be CPU? Would it be possible it's the CPU but the motherboard doesn't beep for it for some reason? I don't have a spare CPU or motherboard, but if either dies, I'll probably just upgrade to a modern Ryzen since I can't find reasonable prices for a 5 year old CPU or motherboard. Again, thank you.