Question No Wireless Networks Available

Cameron_30

Reputable
Aug 2, 2016
I’m having a problem with my wireless network adaptor. I just swapped cases on my PC today as well as got a new power supply. Putting it into the new case I had the problem that when I attempted to connect to a wireless network, it either displayed no networks, or displayed my network but with a very poor connection which is uncommon.

I attempted to unplug and replug my network adapter, as well as updating my drivers and have had no luck with resolving my issue.

Any ideas?

kanewolf

Titan
I’m having a problem with my wireless network adaptor. I just swapped cases on my PC today as well as got a new power supply. Putting it into the new case I had the problem that when I attempted to connect to a wireless network, it either displayed no networks, or displayed my network but with a very poor connection which is uncommon.

I attempted to unplug and replug my network adapter, as well as updating my drivers and have had no luck with resolving my issue.

Any ideas?
Was this JUST a case swap or was there a motherboard swap also?
If just a case swap, then I agree with @popatim -- check your antennas.

popatim

Titan
Or a link to pic of it if you can may help as well.

Wifi needs antennas. Whether your's has built in antenna's remains to be determined.

Also, which case did you get? If this card has built in antennas a metal case could easily be blocking the signal.