Noctua Brought Fan Shrouds, Low Profile Coolers, & Threadripper Heatsinks To Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.
I painted both my NH-D14 fans and shrouds with spray can of Testor's black plastic model paint. I got sick of looking at a black tuxedo (PC case and components) wearing brown shoes (Noctua cooler).

Noctua's designers must all be colorblind, lol. But when you paint a fan, you have to be very careful to apply the coat evenly so it doesn't throw it off balance sending it to an early death. I would not recommend someone doing this who is not good at applying spray paint.

msroadkill612

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
Seems to me, if u bother w/ liquid cooling for one processor, may as well go modular & LCool all main processors using an external radiator.

I cant help thinking a junked small car cooling/heater mechanism would have most of what u need in 12v. Bent/shaped ,leak proof, hydraulic metal brake lines used internally, could supplement existing fan cooling, by draining heat via pipe contact w/ heatsinks, & just use hot climate auto coolant.

msroadkill612

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
"Yea so just a standard black fan is out of the question then..."

I always thought the rolls royce emblem looked cool on the side of jet engines. Maybe they make smaller stickers somewhere in china?

LOL. I painted the shroud and fan, not the heat sink. Painting the heat sink would severely impede the cooling of the aluminum. Lots of enthusiasts custom paint their own coolers (and GPU shrouds, cases, etc.) to make their own builds unique. Here's an example of what the NH-D14 looks like after being painted with a red and black build theme:

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae342/firehawk_2010/bottonshotnocin250.jpg?t=1279973150

Real PC enthusiasts go for performance first and looks second. Anything and everything can be customized.

Status
Not open for further replies.