[SOLVED] Noctua NH-U14S

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi All,

I am using Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink over my i7-9700k CPU with Push and pull configuration.

Push Fan i have installed at bottom side and pull Fan towards Top exhaust side. So i have two fans installed on my NH-U14S Heatsink which is Noctua NF-A15 PWM 140mm x2 having max 1500 RPM Each.

So i want to install NF-A14 Industrial PPC 3000 RPM fan on both side of heatsink. Will it provide more cooling or better thermal than pre installed Fan's as listed above?

Higher RPM means more cooling.

Solution
Come now, anjris, I thought I covered this with you already...
The stock fan(s) is the best.

If you only look at raw performance, yes, 2 IPPC 3000s will cool better than 2 NF-A15 on that heatsink.

Taking everything else into account for the sake of balance: they only do so while being several times louder... for a 2-3C gain, if that.
I've already been there - a year on IPPC 3000s - and will spread the word where I can: Industrial use only, like Noctua has said.
Someone with a server rack would make better use of them than you would.
D

Deleted member 2720853

Those industrial fans will be EXTREMELY loud, Noctua even recommends against using them:

firefox_am7gghivm0.png

But yes, your thermals will improve. Just be sure to set fan curves so you don't go deaf.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Come now, anjris, I thought I covered this with you already...
The stock fan(s) is the best.

If you only look at raw performance, yes, 2 IPPC 3000s will cool better than 2 NF-A15 on that heatsink.

Taking everything else into account for the sake of balance: they only do so while being several times louder... for a 2-3C gain, if that.
I've already been there - a year on IPPC 3000s - and will spread the word where I can: Industrial use only, like Noctua has said.
Someone with a server rack would make better use of them than you would.

Solution