Non-responding programs with 50% memory being used

sash1803

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
Does anyone know what could cause programs to become responsive and slow down, even though my memory usage is only about 50%?

I have an i5-2430 @ 2.0Ghz, 5GB RAM, win7 64bit, AMD Radeon 6650M 2.0GB RAM graphics card.

My machine slows down when i try to run 2 specific programs simultaneously, viz. pokerstars and holdem manager 2.
I've had a guy from the software company have a look and he's not sure what the problem is either.

Any ideas or suggestions would help a lot.
Thanks in advance

start will a malware scan and an good anti virus scan. also check that your not running two anti virus at the same time. alos run a hijackthis and post the log files up here.

sash1803

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

cpu usage is under 10% normally, but when the programs become non-responsive then it'd close to 20% and above

sash1803

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

In the process of doing that, will upload info later

sash1803

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

well what's most annoying is that it was working fine until a few days ago, then it just became impossible to run both program simultaneously. Individually they work fine. The guy that i spoke to advised that I get an ssd, however he said that it isn't a requirement

chugot9218

Honorable
Can you install HWMonitor or a program to show the information about your RAM? You are sure it came standard with 5gb? I just do not know how they got there with a dual channel set up... having multiple programs open relies on the RAM, I would guess the problem is there.

sash1803

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

I've never used it before, what info do you want to know? Yeah it's def 5GB, it came standard and I haven't changed anything

chugot9218

Honorable
Well, the MOBO has 4 RAM slots and I wanted to see what value each stick was showing as, I did not think they made sticks of RAM in non-whole intervals (if you had 4 sticks they would have to be 1.25GB and if you had 2 stick they would be 2.5GB each). This makes me think the RAM is reporting its stats incorrectly and could be indicative of a problem with one or more of the sticks.