Noob Gaming Build Advice

Popcorn Butter

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
I'm going to build a Gaming Computer and this is the parts I have chosen.

Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO, Socket-1150
Memory: Kingston DDR3 HyperX 2400MHz 8GB KIT
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
Storage: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB KW
Storage: WD RE SAS Enterprise 2TB
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 Hydro Series CPU Cooler
Power: Corsair RM1000, 1000W PSU
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB K|NGP|N
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Big Tower Sort

Headset: Astro a40
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95
Monitor: Samsung 24" LED SyncMaster S24D390H x2

Do you guys have some advice for me? This is my first Gaming Build.
Is it something i should do another way?

Solution
Just two things.

1st is your HDD choice. You picked enterprise class HDD. It is fast, but it feature different type of connector which won't work with your motherboard. It has SAS connector which you can't use with SATA connector.
Also these HDDs are way too expensive. I would recommend you go with WD Blue, Mainstream or Green series for normal usage. If you want something faster you can use WD Black, but that is also way more expensive than those 3 series.

2nd thing is your power supply. 1000W is more than what you need, but on other hand it give you better headroom and possible upgrade for 2nd GPU later. So that is just note, that you got more power than what you need, but it's not always bad thing.

pm4

Honorable
Apr 28, 2014
Just two things.

1st is your HDD choice. You picked enterprise class HDD. It is fast, but it feature different type of connector which won't work with your motherboard. It has SAS connector which you can't use with SATA connector.
Also these HDDs are way too expensive. I would recommend you go with WD Blue, Mainstream or Green series for normal usage. If you want something faster you can use WD Black, but that is also way more expensive than those 3 series.

2nd thing is your power supply. 1000W is more than what you need, but on other hand it give you better headroom and possible upgrade for 2nd GPU later. So that is just note, that you got more power than what you need, but it's not always bad thing.

Solution

g-unit1111

Titan
What's your budget? If its' anything going over $2000 or $2500 (or over) this is what I would suggest:

1. That HD you have is a server grade HD, you want the much less expensive WD Caviar Black or Blue drives.
2. The H110i isn't as great as it's made out to be - better would be the NZXT Kraken X60 or the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme.
3. I'd drop the expensive peripherals in favor of a second GPU - the peripherals you can always get later.