Question TPM Module suddenly not being recognized ?

icy_fox

Honorable
Nov 15, 2017
Hello everyone, I've had Windows 11 (which requires TPM) installed on my computer for about a year now. Everything worked fine until yesterday, when Vanguard (an anti-cheat program for League of legends) started preventing me from launching the game, saying I don't have TPM 2.0 enabled. I went to check in the TPM.msc and indeed, the TPM could not be found. Here are the troubleshooting steps I tried:

1) Run PC health check - it says I don't have TPM enabled even though I could install windows 11 a year ago just fine

2) Checked in the BIOS - have firmware fTpm enabled (what's weird to me is the Trusted Computing tab in my BIOS does say No security device connected

3) Updated bios to latest version

4) Tried disabling and re-enabling Secure Boot

5) Reset CMOS battery

6) Tried reinstalling Windows 11 - the setup tells me my system is not compatible

At this point, I'm quite convinced it's a hardware issue - either the CPU or motherboard is faulty. How should I proceed with my troubleshooting? I was also thinking of buying a TPM physical chip and installing it on the mobo (it does support it).

My specs:

MBD: Asus Prime B450M-A
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: GTX 1660
RAM: 32GB DDR4

Any help is much appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
Updated bios to latest version
To version 4604?

Reset CMOS battery
Can you walk us through how you did so?

At this point, I'm quite convinced it's a hardware issue - either the CPU or motherboard is faulty.
A TPM module would cost you about ~$30 which is miles cheaper than a new motherboard. If you think it's your processor, you might want to drop a known working processor onto your board or drop your processor onto a known working board.