Had another newbie crash and the techie was unable to recover the
Backups that I had so carefully made with WinXPHome NT Backup. Its
taken a lot of time for me to get my things reinstalled and running.

The techie recommended I should use Norton Ghost 9 in future and showed
me how simple it would be to use. It would give me a 'backup' on my
External F Drive.
So I bought it.

I now find I have to instal a .Net before I can use the program.
Where do I go to get .Net and is a download and instal as easy as he
said?

It all sounds complicated. Is this form of backup really sensible for
an old guy like me.

map

dardruba@gmail.com wrote:
> Had another newbie crash and the techie was unable to recover the
> Backups that I had so carefully made with WinXPHome NT Backup. Its
> taken a lot of time for me to get my things reinstalled and running.
>
> The techie recommended I should use Norton Ghost 9 in future and
> showed me how simple it would be to use. It would give me a 'backup'
> on my External F Drive.
> So I bought it.
>
> I now find I have to instal a .Net before I can use the program.
> Where do I go to get .Net and is a download and instal as easy as he
> said?
>
> It all sounds complicated. Is this form of backup really sensible for
> an old guy like me.

Ghost is a very good program for backup,
..Net, this is the .net framework which should be on the CD that ghost came
on,if not you can get it from windows update.

windows update
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

Ghost
http://smallbiz.symantec.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/sys_req.html