Question Not enough memory when scroll the Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilx

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2012
atqm8fxw.png

I’ve encountered the following situation. I’m an admin of large Facebook group where 20-30 posts are published every day. My objective is to like-comment posts for last three months. Unfortunately, I haven’t found any way how I could sort posts in group by specific date. So the only way to get the URLs for the last three months is to manually scroll the page.

The problem is that when I do that I constantly face the „Ran Out of Memory” issue. Which is weird considering that I have 64 gigs of that and only 20% of it are being used while I’m scrolling. I tried different browsers – Chrome, Vivaldi, Opera – and everywhere I get the same issue.

So far I’ve tried to turn off the image loading (couldn’t find how to do that with videos), but it didn’t help me.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
atqm8fxw.png

I’ve encountered the following situation. I’m an admin of large Facebook group where 20-30 posts are published every day. My objective is to like-comment posts for last three months. Unfortunately, I haven’t found any way how I could sort posts in group by specific date. So the only way to get the URLs for the last three months is to manually scroll the page.

The problem is that when I do that I constantly face the „Ran Out of Memory” issue. Which is weird considering that I have 64 gigs of that and only 20% of it are being used while I’m scrolling. I tried different browsers – Chrome, Vivaldi, Opera – and everywhere I get the same issue.

So far I’ve tried to turn off the image loading (couldn’t find how to do that with videos), but it didn’t help me.
Have you tried Firefox I think it has no memory limit per tab.

If I remember right Chrome has like a 1.4 limit.

Speaking of trying another browser, a ton of web browsers are now some variant of Chromium (which is what Chrome is based on). This includes Vivaldi, Opera, and Edge. I'm not sure if that per-tab memory limit exists on Chromium, but if it's the case, you'll just run into this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts