Not great fps

djtazm

Prominent
May 11, 2017
I play a lot of overwatch but I keep on having massive fps drops I don't know if it's the components in the computer or if there's just a simple solution. My system specs consist of a amd a10 7700k processor, gtx 1050ti 8gb ddr3 and a 500w power supply

djtazm

Prominent
May 11, 2017
i can't do that right now as I'm of the system but I will do in the morning but I have looked at that before and it fluctuates between 60 to 100 percent usage

djtazm

Prominent
May 11, 2017
about 1 and a half years old I've just put a 1050ti in and it's made it a lot better but still not smooth I'd say and I don't know about that percentage I'll check with it tomorrow, but what do you think I'll have to do?

ComputerGeek21

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
i think you might need a new processor, although the process you currently have is 2.5x more powerful then the recommend processor
i need you to, when you can give me the idle processor usage, i suspect you might have a virus

ComputerGeek21

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
new ram: i doubt you need new ram; you have plenty
new cpu: this is a real possibility

no virus: you could do all the virus scans with every type of anti virus in the world and you couldn't be 100% positive that you pc would be virus free. for one every anti virus is different and every VIRUS works in different ways, some of which anti virus providers have not thought about. and virus can disguise themselves from anti viruses by hiding in system files and they can infect multiple different files. personally i was infected with ransom ware, my anti virus stopped one instance from installing but the ransom ware installed 3 different viruses so 2 of them got past and locked my computer

djtazm

Prominent
May 11, 2017
I could have a virus then but I just don't see it being that i think I definitely need a cpu and ram because I'm always getting 8gb of ram usage so if I got more ram wouldn't it be able to use more to give me more fps?

djtazm

Prominent
May 11, 2017
I could have a virus then but I just don't see it being that i think I definitely need a cpu and ram because I'm always getting 8gb of ram usage so if I got more ram wouldn't it be able to use more to give me more fps?

Your computer probably shouldn't be using that much RAM. It might be a memory leak, in which case adding more memory might not even help much. A quick search turned up this thread, where some others were having similar problems in Overwatch...

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/17611941925

One of those affected found that at least in their case, it was due to a memory leak in some software for their network adapter, and linked to this thread here, where a number of people posted about having similar issues with the "Killer Network Suite" filling all their RAM...

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/3yzjyz/killer_network_suite_gave_me_a_major_memory_leak/

If your motherboard has a Killer network adapter, that could potentially be the problem, otherwise it might be some other piece of software causing a similar issue.