Not starting Windows from hard drive

boss.ivailo

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
I have erased my 2 hdds. When I try to reinstall Windows 7 via USB it's loading very slow. I have put one of the drives to other pc and reinstalled from there, on this PC, Windows started property. I returned the hard drive to the other PC and when i boot the PC stucks for a second on "Starting Windows" and lights up a blue screen with a code witch I can't see because it's for a 0.1 seconds and it reboots and again the same. Loop.
By the way when the BIOS checks there is "Capable but disabled" for the both hard drives.
How can I fix it?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It's a little bit difficult to parse your post. Are you installing Windows 7 using a second PC and the moving the entire hard drive, with the Windows 7 install on it, to your first PC? Windows installs, especially before Windows 10, aren't like Lego; it's not designed to be portable in this manner unless you explicitly are using a portable Windows, which the basic Windows 7 isn't.

bajgur

Reputable
Nov 29, 2016

you got to use sysprep if you want to use hdd with windows on different pc!

regarding "capable but disabled", some people believe that SMART will hinder performance. while some believe it help you warn if theres something wrong with your hdd.

boss.ivailo

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
Yes, I have installed on second PC and then moved to the first one. Maybe yes, the problem is because it installs the windows for the second PC's configuration. But on the first PC the Windows USB is loading very very slowly..