[SOLVED] Not sure if it is safe to use XMP/DOCP on my setup

harrylockwood03

Reputable
Oct 23, 2017
Hello,
Recently I've been looking at enabling DOCP on my setup, mostly because my PC seems to be having issues when it comes to playing games. Typically games will freeze for a short moment every 15 seconds or so, I ran a user benchmark and checked in my BIOS and sure enough it's not enabled.

However I am worried if I enable it, it will cause issues with my PC booting as I've heard many people say the frequencies it sets to and voltages cause issues with the hardware. I'm not sure if it's safe to enable this without having to go through the entire process of resetting the CMOS which I really don't want to do (I'm not exactly proficient when it comes to tinkering with hardware).

Is there anything I can do to check if it'll be safe to enable the profile? My specs are listed here

Solution
Speccy showing 1197 means the RAM is running at 2400 (1197 x 2).
But I'm pretty sure that RAM is rated for 3200.
So you should try enabling the DOCP profile.
But as stated above a 2x8 kit would be better because 2 sticks can run in Dual Channel mode vs Single Channel mode with that single RAM stick.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Speccy showing 1197 means the RAM is running at 2400 (1197 x 2).
But I'm pretty sure that RAM is rated for 3200.
So you should try enabling the DOCP profile.
But as stated above a 2x8 kit would be better because 2 sticks can run in Dual Channel mode vs Single Channel mode with that single RAM stick.

Solution