Question Not sure what upgrades i need.

Apr 23, 2023
I'm trying to establish what upgrades I need to improve my gaming experience. Some games are not handling the settings that I configure i.e. grand theft auto, when I put texture quality, shader quality, shadow quality and reflection quality on high its takes up all the space on my video memory which causes it not to perform as well.

Device name DESKTOP-H09JRB5
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Device ID C0CF9B6C-D47E-4E7F-9165-C3D7BCCF685C
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA115
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Do you also have a dedicated GPU ? If yes, what's the model number and brand of your video card/GPU ? Are you playing GTA on 1080p screen resolution ?

Make and model number of your power supply/PSU ? List proper PC specs first.

Rather than use something like System Info in Windows, there are free tools like HWInfo64 that will show all your component spec.

GTA V may be an older game, but it definitely is one that requires a dedicated GPU with at least 2GB VRAM for recommended spec. The GTX 660 and HD 7870 listed as required spec however are either impossible to find or overpriced due to scarcity, so best to look at something more modern that would have more VRAM, IF the GPU or lack of one is the problem..

If you find you don't in fact have a dedicated GPU, we need to know your upgrade budget and PSU wattage to determine the best options.

Last edited: