Help94

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2014
For the past few days my computer have been acting weird and Im not even sure where to post this coz it might be a mobo, PSU, or memory. So here are the errors I got for those few days

Sometimes its just a black screen
I got an error saying about "memory management" (I performed memtest, it has no problem)
I got an error with power state failure
and now
my PC wont shut down properly (sometimes) the fans including the CPU fan will keep on running and then after a few minutes it will re-start

note: I use the start menu -> shut down to turn off my system

my PSU is a local brand, 700W

In 30 years, I've never heard of a "local" brand, although I suspect you mean a regionally available generic unit, and if that's the case then that is likely your entire problem.

Getting a quality PSU should be a priority.

However, I would also, first, try disabling hibernation which will disable the hybrid sleep that is often responsible for these kinds of problems on windows 10 machines.

To Disable Hibernation:

1. The first step is to run the command prompt as administrator. In Windows 10, right click on the start menu and click "Command Prompt (Admin)".
  2. Type in "powercfg.exe /h off" without the quotes and press enter.
  3. Exit the command prompt.
  4. Hibernation is now disabled.

Also, considering the fact that you have a Haswell CPU but a power supply that is CERTAINLY not Haswell compatible regarding the Intel low power state specifications and standards, it would probably be a good idea to go into the BIOS and disable the C6 and C7 states until you get a power supply that IS compatible with the newer Intel low power state standards. That means getting something that is more modern, and not built on a group regulated platform. Since I don't know the EXACT model of your PSU, which would be helpful (And can be found on the specifications decal ON the power supply itself), it's hard to say for sure that it's not compatible but considering it has been a long time since ANY quality power supplies were built using a 700w platform (Most all are now 550, 650, 750, 850, etc. not 500, 600, 700 etc.) it is very unlikely.

Obviously this could be some other type of issue such as a failing motherboard or other hardware, but I'd certainly try those things first since two of them are free to try and one of them probably needs to happen anyhow.

Help94

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2014
sorry I dont know how to explain this PSU, generic is the right term

also sometimes in the morning there are this blots of liquid on the monitor screen