Agomongo

Reputable
May 13, 2017
Hey guys,

So I finished my built a couple of weeks ago, but never had a chance to post anything to get it fixed. I haven't even gotten to the install OS step yet, because my computer monitor doesn't even register my desktop. It says, "No Signal Detected" then it goes into sleep mode. The screen works when I plug in my PS4 and the desktop has lights and fans turning. Any ideas as to what is going on? I am using one of the portable monitors, could that be the issue?

Thanks!

Agomongo

Reputable
May 13, 2017
Full system specs?

Did you plug your display cable into the motherboard instead of the GPU?
Sorry for the late reply. I didn't get a notification that I got a reply.

Yeah I made sure to plug it into the GPU and even tried the mobo, but nothing.

I got:

ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming
Gigabyte 5700XT
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Evga Supernova 550W sfx
G skill ripjaw 16gb

Heres the pc part picker list. I believe the only thing different is that I got a Gigabyte graphics card instead of a Sapphire and a different monitor

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cMkJcq

Edit: hopefully nothing is broken...

Agomongo

Reputable
May 13, 2017
Looking at your specs,I dont know if this is the issue but your GPU says it needs a 600w minimum power supply on it's support page.(but then Im not sure why pcpartpicker hasnt flagged that up.)
EVGA 550w is fine for a 5700 XT.

GPU manufacturers typically specify higher wattage PSU to allow for "all bells & whistles", fully-loaded systems stuffed with 6 hard drives and a grand piano - LOL

Have you connected 6-pin/8-pin PCIe power cables to the graphics card?
Hi! Yes I made sure that the graphics card was connected and all of the wiring, but I'll double check when I get back to my dorm.