Noticed something strange with gaming PC after monitor upgrade

joe thompson

Honorable
Jul 15, 2017
Hey all, so I built my first gaming PC last year and I'm still new with dealing with PC related things and I noticed something a bit worrying. Recently I bought a new 1080p monitor to replace my my old 720p monitor. Since replacing my monitor I discovered that most of my PC games could only run at about 10~30 fps at the lowest settings despite my PC being around mid-ranged. I knew that game performance would be reduced at 1080p resolution but I didn't expect to get as low of a performance as I got with low settings. If I could get any kind of advice or insight to what it happening and to possible (moderately priced) upgrades, it would be greatly appreciated.
The specs to my pc are:
CPU- Core i3 7100
GPU- GTX 1050 ti
RAM- 8gm DDR4 (2x4gb)
MOBO- ASUSTeK Intel H110

Games tested
GTA5- around 20 fps at lowest settings
Fallout 4- around 10~20 fps low-medium settings
Rust- around 10 fps at medium settings
Farcry 3- around 20 fps at low settings

Update:
After further research I'm really starting to think that my PC is using the integrated graphics on my core i3 7100 instead of my dedicated GPU. My PC pretty much runs all games with the exact same performance as the tests done with the integrated HD graphics in a core i3 on youtube. I tried updating my GTX 1050 ti drivers, but that didn't seem to fix anything. I also tried messing around with the Nvidia control panel but that didn't seem to do anything either.

joe thompson

Honorable
Jul 15, 2017

I did, I also made sure to have my Nvidia driver be updated as well and I still get terrible frame rates.

joe thompson

Honorable
Jul 15, 2017

I made sure that DSR was off on the Nvidia control panel, but i don't know how to monitor gpu and cpu info.

use a free program called hardware info. it show all your temps and mb info. on your mb make sure it has the newest bios file on it and download and install the newest intel chipset drivers. in the bios make sure priamny display is set to peg/pci and mulit monitor support is off. so your not using system ram for the gpu. on the gpu make sure it in the video slot near the cpu chip and it locked it.

joe thompson

Honorable
Jul 15, 2017

is there a link to hardware info? Also I'm still really new with PC building and I don't think I have the knowledge on dealing with bios