[SOLVED] npsvctrig potentially crashing my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2020
Hello for about on mouth ago my pc started to have random reboots. I've delt with this in the past but the problem ended up solving by it self now its doesn't seems to be the same.

Specs:
  • Ryzen 7 3800x
  • Gigabyte b450 Elite
  • GTX 1060
  • SKILL SNIPER X 16GB
  • Corsair corsair vs650
  • PNY SSD 250GB
  • HDD 500GB
Event Viewer(Buttom to up):
  • The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
  • File System Filter 'npsvctrig' (10.0, ‎1977‎-‎09‎-‎12T16:19:34.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.
  • File System Filter 'FileCrypt' (10.0, ‎2011‎-‎10‎-‎30T16:56:49.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.
  • Volume C: (\Device\HarddiskVolume6) is healthy. No action is needed.
  • File System Filter 'Wof' (10.0, ‎2096‎-‎10‎-‎27T14:24:16.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.
  • File System Filter 'FileInfo' (10.0, ‎1989‎-‎07‎-‎13T02:15:12.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.
  • File System Filter 'FACEIT' (10.0, ‎2020‎-‎04‎-‎24T22:13:15.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.
  • Updated BIOS to latest version
What I've tried so far:
  • Bought new CPU, MOBO and ram(was already planning on upgrading from a really old one).
  • Disk and Ram Check - No failures.
  • Corrupted Files - None founded.
  • Clean Windows 10 installation
  • Windows 10 Debloateloader
  • Stress test the GPU, CPU and both with OCCT and my psu was able to handle it.
Since I bought the new parts its been really more stable but the problem continues I've searched in a variety of foruns threads for solutions but it seems that no one have a clear solution.

What else can I do to troubleshoot my problem?

Last edited:
Solution
How did you test the ram? Ram is likely to freeze PC, not sure about restarts. Ram good at creating odd errors or BSOD

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

better to know than Guess.
PSU slightly harder to test
the paper clip method - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/what-is-the-paperclip-method-of-testing-a-psu.1336402/

or multimeter,

or in the BIOS to check the +3.3V, +5V, and +12V. - https://www.lifewire.com/power-supply-voltage-tolerances-2624583

Ralston18

Titan
Filter Manager?

Questions:

What OS are you running?

What software app(s) are you running when the crashes occur?

Any error messages, warnings, or even informational events being captured in Reliability History? (Versus Event Viewer.)

Seems to be a software problem more than anything.

How old is that Corsair PSU?

Apr 26, 2020
Filter Manager?

Questions:

What OS are you running?

What software app(s) are you running when the crashes occur?

Any error messages, warnings, or even informational events being captured in Reliability History? (Versus Event Viewer.)

Seems to be a software problem more than anything.

How old is that Corsair PSU?

Unfortunately I'm not able to find any similarities between crashes. It all seems random to me sometimes it crashes when Im just web brosing or when Im playing games and Im not able to pinpoint any program that is always open when it crashes.

The Reliability Monitor seems to say the same as the event viewer.

My PSU is relatively new. It is around 2 years old and it as the warranty valid. I thought in RMA it but I wanted to be sure that it is faulty but it doesn't seems to be the issue.

Edit: Forgot to mention there is no BSOD the computer just shutdown or restarts

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Try running the built in Windows 10 Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

If not, then try "sfc /scannow" via the Command Prompt.

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

And if scannow does not succeed then "dism" can be tried.

2 year old PSU could be problematic especially if it has been heavily used for gaming, graphics work, bit-mining, etc..

Does the following link show your PSU?

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-VS650-Certified-Non-Modular-Supply/dp/B078HJ2RCW

Correct/update as necessary.

Apr 26, 2020
The troubleshooter couldn't find any thing but Im not sure which toppic should I run from the troubleshooter settings.

The "sfc /scannow" did found some corrupted files. Could this be the problem? The report Log.

Yes thats my PSU.

Colif

Win 11 Master
this event actually happened on startup:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
as its the text you get on event 41(63). It is a reaction, not an error. Unless there is a BSOD as well, windows doesn't know why.

cbs log struggled as it was shown the mythical country of Australia's language packs and had to update them. lots of files needed to be replaced.

See if this helps
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
copy/paste this command into window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

random reboots isn't windows. It would create a BSOD if it was software. I suspect its PSU as well.

Apr 26, 2020
Hello thank you for your help.

Ran the commands and shows that every thing is good so it might be the PSU.

I've read that this power supply isn't a very good one so should I buy a new one or RAM it since it still has a valid warranty?

Colif

Win 11 Master
How did you test the ram? Ram is likely to freeze PC, not sure about restarts. Ram good at creating odd errors or BSOD

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

better to know than Guess.
PSU slightly harder to test
the paper clip method - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/what-is-the-paperclip-method-of-testing-a-psu.1336402/

or multimeter,

or in the BIOS to check the +3.3V, +5V, and +12V. - https://www.lifewire.com/power-supply-voltage-tolerances-2624583

Solution
Apr 26, 2020
The Ram test was that exact one did it after read some thread's about people with the same issue but I did it with both sticks on. I going to redo the test with just one stick on each time.

I didn't test the PSU since I don't have access to any multimeter an I already check the BIOS voltage and seemed all ok. I contacted the PSU manufactor (Cosair) and they told me to verify that.

Unfortunatly it happend again Im starting to think is the psu aswell since I can't play when in heavy load

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.