[SOLVED] NR200P Fan Position

tom_taylor97

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2013
Hello :)

I have an NR200P arriving tomorrow and just wanted to double check your opinion on the fan positioning.
I'll be running a 240 AIO on the side with the GPU horizontally in the bottom of the case. I have 2 remaning fans that I had planned to put into the top as exhaust (getting the cpu heat out of the case asap) and leaving the GPU to independantly cool itself.
Do you think this is the best choice or should I use the 2 fans on the bottom of the case as intake?

Thanks

Solution
For anyone who may see this, I have since found a very helpful youtube channel called "Machines & More" who made very detailed reviews and benchmarks using the case. Based on his testing the side radiator intake and 2 bottom intake fans are the best all round thermal option when using 4 fans.

Lutfij

Titan
I think you might want to reconsider the placements of hardware once the case arrives. Often times we estimate this or that can be done but once building commences, some things need a second or third point of thought progression.

I'd go with the AIO on the top with the fans assisting the GPU at the bottom of the GPU but that depends on the hardware you're working with. Thicker cards and taller ram sticks may impeded my suggestion.

tom_taylor97

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2013
I think you might want to reconsider the placements of hardware once the case arrives. Often times we estimate this or that can be done but once building commences, some things need a second or third point of thought progression.

I'd go with the AIO on the top with the fans assisting the GPU at the bottom of the GPU but that depends on the hardware you're working with. Thicker cards and taller ram sticks may impeded my suggestion.

Thanks. I'll definitely have to have another look once the case arrives.
I don't think its possible to fit an AIO in the top is it? I thought the radiator clearance was only on the side or bottom.
Its a 5900X and is running slightly hotter than I'd like with the AIO on the top as exhaust in my current case which is why I had thought side mounted intake would be a better option.
I just wasnt sure if the gpu would really need assisting or better to use as exhaust fans. Seems to run around mid 70's max currently.

tom_taylor97

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2013
For anyone who may see this, I have since found a very helpful youtube channel called "Machines & More" who made very detailed reviews and benchmarks using the case. Based on his testing the side radiator intake and 2 bottom intake fans are the best all round thermal option when using 4 fans.

Solution