Question ntoskernel.exe 100% disk usage

Jan 1, 2024
Specs: i5-3570 3.4GHz CPU
GTX 1060 6GB
16 Gb Ram (8+8)
PSU - Segostep ATX-500W
Motherboard - AsusTek Computer Inc. P8P67
HDD:
1. ST1000LM035-1RK172 1TB (Primary Disk)
2. Hitach HDP725050GLA360
(I'm aware of the bottlenecks)

Hi, i've came here to address a ridicilous problem that i have, this System task file (ntoskernel.exe) keeps using 100% of my disk with the rate of 0.1MB/s
It's causing so many problems that i cant literally list them all here, for instance when i tried to play Need For Speed - Rivals today, normally it will load in under 20 seconds after launching it the first time (when i didnt have this issue of course), today i had to wait 3 MINUTES for it to load which was horrendes, then i restarted my computer hoping it would fix it self. I left my desktop for 40 minutes to run and when i comeback, the desktop was all frozen up, i move my mouse to the taskbar and it just shows loading circle, i was just sitting in my computer from 5:10 pm till 7:30 pm where literally i couldn't do anything, in the meantime of that timeframe, i tried doing windows update, it couldn't do anything, its stuck at Installing - 100% and the Windows installer moduler isn't even showing up in the task manager, guess what is causing this? Of course System task file or ntoskernel.exe with the rate of 0.1MB/s taking up 100% of the Disk.
i know the System task file is a very important file for Windows which from what i know has to do around with drivers or something, but acting like with 0.1MB/s and using 100% Disk and freezing my desktop is just not normal

[ View: https://imgur.com/a/HeBnXS6
]

Besides getting a new SSD, is there any alternative solution to this?

Lutfij

Titan
If the issue cropped up all of a sudden then the issue is your OS, it happens due to a corruption of the OS and is known as memorleak. To perform a system restore prior to the point of the issue cropping up. If that doesn't work, you will need to reinstall your OS after recreating your bootable USB installer.

IMHO, you should take the opportunity to migrate to an SSD since an OS on an HDD is a thing of the past and it does drain a lot of time off of one's life, just waiting.