Question ntoskrnl.exe causing bsod KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED win10 pro

Jul 22, 2021
i recently upgraded from win7 ultimate to win10 pro 21h1. i randomly get bsods. i've updated all drivers. I downloaded bluescreen view and can see on the latest crash. Atleast on win7 you didnt have to restart your pc with a bsod. its a pain of no way to turn it off. random as well. so far i've had 4 crashes. think ive fixed a previous one for ndu.sys by downloading a clean one from a website.

ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4f53ee fffff80023600000 fffff80024646000 0x01046000 0x553df94c 27/04/2015 09:54:36 Microsoft® Windows® Operating System NT Kernel & System 10.0.19041.1110 (WinBuild.160101.0800) Microsoft Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

072121-17187-01.dmp 21/07/2021 17:40:11 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x0000001e ffffffffc0000005 fffff80023896c04 0000000000000001 ffff9b0b71c5d020 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+3f6f20 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 10.0.19041.1110 (WinBuild.160101.0800) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+3f6f20 C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\072121-17187-01.dmp 4 15 19041 1,488,732 21/07/2021 17:41:50

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 2300 @ 2.80GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Acer Aspire M3970 (CPU 1)
Radeon RX 570 Series

i was going to upload the minidump but it doesnt open that folder.

link to bluescreen image View: https://imgur.com/a/bMfYikh

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
ndu.sys - Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver

normally if I see that I suggest you update Ethernet (cable) or WIFI drivers

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Cathy Liu

BANNED
Jul 12, 2021
ndu.sys - Windows 网络数据使用监控驱动程序

通常,如果我看到我建议您更新以太网(电缆)或 WIFI 驱动程序

1. 打开 Windows 文件浏览器
  2. 导航到 C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. 将小型转储文件复制到您的桌面上
  4. 不要使用 Winzip,使用 Windows 中的内置工具
  5. 选择桌面上的这些文件,右键单击它们并选择“发送到” - 压缩(zipped)文件夹
  6. 将 zip 文件上传到云端(OneDrive、DropBox . . . 等)
  7. 然后在此处发布 zip 文件的链接,以便我们为您查找。. .
[/引用]
Good ideas

Jul 22, 2021
ndu.sys - Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver

normally if I see that I suggest you update Ethernet (cable) or WIFI drivers

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

ndu - drivers alreay updated.

mini dump - it says the folder is empty when i compress it. if you look at my pic i posted earlier you can see the dump in bluescreenview app. just checked file path shows as C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\072121-17187-01.dmp in there but empty in file explorer

i can see a memory dump file thats 2.6gb. under settings what should i have the log as? active memory dump? think it use to be automatic mem dump.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is this the right model?

If I had dumps I could see what drivers were running at the time and wouldn't need to guess. I can use this program to see what is installed at least:
  1. Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
  2. All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)
  3. When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.
  4. Can you take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.
  5. upload it to an image sharing website and show link here
  6. All I will do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

Jul 22, 2021
Is this the right model?

If I had dumps I could see what drivers were running at the time and wouldn't need to guess. I can use this program to see what is installed at least:
  1. Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
  2. All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)
  3. When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.
  4. Can you take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.
  5. upload it to an image sharing website and show link here
  6. All I will do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.
the model is similar. ive downloaded what icould from acer website and driver easy after facing bsod. there isnt any win10 drivers for this 10 year old pc.

ive copied the driver details to txt file if thats ok

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uCG3NTa_GciaH4-DElIYhyEh8dAImBqP/view?usp=sharing

Jul 22, 2021
could also be AVG, try updating it if you can

realtek LAN (Ethernet) these appear to be up to date, current are 10.050, you have 10.50.511.2021

realtek WIFI driver is 2019, USB 2 - so what WIFI adapter are you using?

just updated avg.

the wifi is a usb dongle i got from amazon. im sure its got some wifiautoinstall service. says this in device manager Realtek 8811CU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NIC. driver version 1030.38.712.2019

i managed to upload the mem dump its 470mb compressed if it helps.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1805RhkiJSH4N4UxUF2M9E3O_p6MIJDnr/view?usp=sharing

Colif

Win 11 Master
okay, you have latest driver for the USB dongle - https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8812bu-software

I have seen lots of old USB WIFI dongles causing errors this year, you might want to buy a new PCI card for WIFI
I would get a new one marked one of the below (they all mean the same thing, latest WIFI standard, you wouldn't need to replace it for a few years)
  • WIFI6
  • AX
  • AC2100

you can't get WIFI 6 USB dongles yet, they all seem to be PCI cards as it generally has more than 1 aerial attached.

I will ask a friend to convert the dumps but he is asleep now as lives in another time zone.

Reactions: bizzdog

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, that will take me at least 30 mins to download and will likely be corrupt (as most memory.dmp files are). Do you have any minidump files? They are located in the C:\Windows\minidump folder. Be sure that you copy the files from the minidump folder before trying to compress them as Colif stated in the instructions above.

Jul 22, 2021
Hi, that will take me at least 30 mins to download and will likely be corrupt (as most memory.dmp files are). Do you have any minidump files? They are located in the C:\Windows\minidump folder. Be sure that you copy the files from the minidump folder before trying to compress them as Colif stated in the instructions above.
it says the minidump folder is empty. ive switched the settings to small memory dump. not had a crash yet

gardenman

Splendid
and driver easy
Please don't use Driver Easy or any such driver utilities. They often make things worse. By updating a driver though these programs, you may be creating additional BSODs for yourself. You can have multiple sources for BSODs (2 bad drivers = twice as many BSODs). Just because a driver is new, that doesn't mean it's less buggy than the old one that you were using in the first place.

I ran the memory.dmp file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/yhLtgexn/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:MEMORY.DMP (Jul 21 2021 - 12:40:11)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 33 Sec(s)

Possible system page: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/3673?b=1
There is a BIOS update available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: bizzdog
Jul 22, 2021
hello i started to use drivereasy post bsod. it actually did recommended a new update for the gpu. i downloaded latest driver from amd site which caused a problem when restarting the pc. i would get the windows logo freezing with no loading dots just before signin in. had to doa system restore. will wait for the amd radeon software to recommend when to update it next time.

bios is latest. my cpu is sandy bridge and not ivy bridge so i think this is latest
Version:
P01.B1

Jul 22, 2021
just had a crash again. it didnt create a minidump even though i have set it in settings to small kernel dump with the root as windows/minidump folder. i can see its updated the MEMORY.DUMP file. i have compressed and shared the link to the dump. im not sure why its like this i upgraded from win7 ultimate to win10 pro. it seems to not acknowledge changes.

another issue was troubleshooting it doesnt show blue screen diagnostics but i can find it by searching. when i click it says encountered an error. tried all sorts to get that working DSIM/SFC. if i cant get rid of this issue i probably will have no choice to reset or repair win10

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17rEGaKWvBy93ugG5_RPgZN7rZs9asrUU/view?usp=sharing

Colif

Win 11 Master
We had bad weather here yesterday so I didn't get a chance to get back

is the WIFI dongle the only USB device you have apart from Mouse/Keyboard? the dump gardenman converted mentions USBPORT.sys which is a Microsoft driver, and its name shows what it does. MS drivers don't crash but can crash if another 3rd party driver is the cause.
The PC was returning from an Interrupt and going back to what it had been doing before the Interrupt happened, which appears to be transferring data from a USB device and it appears the reaction the CPU got from ram caused an error. Ram is where all drivers work

try updating Acronis, its all from 2015

Not sure what this is
Dec 24 2014WinFLAdrv.sys(Newsoftwares.net, Inc SDN BHD)
File System Mini-filter driver from NewSoftwares.net - https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=WinFLAdrv.sys

No WIFI driver?

Jul 22, 2021
We had bad weather here yesterday so I didn't get a chance to get back

is the WIFI dongle the only USB device you have apart from Mouse/Keyboard? the dump gardenman converted mentions USBPORT.sys which is a Microsoft driver, and its name shows what it does. MS drivers don't crash but can crash if another 3rd party driver is the cause.
The PC was returning from an Interrupt and going back to what it had been doing before the Interrupt happened, which appears to be transferring data from a USB device and it appears the reaction the CPU got from ram caused an error. Ram is where all drivers work

try updating Acronis, its all from 2015

Not sure what this is
Dec 24 2014WinFLAdrv.sys(Newsoftwares.net, Inc SDN BHD)
File System Mini-filter driver from NewSoftwares.net - https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=WinFLAdrv.sys

No WIFI driver?
hello. i have samsung gear headphones, an external usb hard drive transcend store jet and bluetooth dongle csr.

so is the interrupt same as coming out of sleep. i usually put pc to sleep but ive had a crash randomly while having restartin pc properly.

i deleted acronis. winfladrvs is driver from product calld folder lock

Colif

Win 11 Master
bluetooth dongle csr.
i found one result where one of the lines in the error was network related so it could be the dongle. CSR = Cambridge SIlicon radio. Must be using a windows driver since it appears to be working
Other choice is the external hdd but i am not exactly sure.

so is the interrupt same as coming out of sleep. i usually put pc to sleep but ive had a crash randomly while having restartin pc properly.
Interrupts happen when a process that is more important than the currently running process needs to be run right now, and then afterwards, the CPU returns to what it was doing. They are normal operations and happen all the time and most don't cause errors. I should have explained that :(

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/27yr08pd/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:073121-21812-01.dmp (Jul 31 2021 - 02:21:36)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:7 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 51 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
its USB again but I don't know which one.
its the same sort of action as previous BSOD, it happened after an interrupt and when PC was returning to a previous action that was USB related.

Can you run this for me, it will create a ZIp file. If you can upload to same place as dumps and give a link, it might give me a clue as to which USB it is (might not but I can't tell from where I sit) - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/pages/bsodcollectionapp/

Jul 22, 2021
its USB again but I don't know which one.
its the same sort of action as previous BSOD, it happened after an interrupt and when PC was returning to a previous action that was USB related.

Can you run this for me, it will create a ZIp file. If you can upload to same place as dumps and give a link, it might give me a clue as to which USB it is (might not but I can't tell from where I sit) - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/pages/bsodcollectionapp/
ok i found the zip file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZTcYWht3LNRXfKF2VGt0qJlRoucHCOlJ/view?usp=sharing

Colif

Win 11 Master
intellipoint is crashing, its your mouse drivers (wonder if its built into windows since you didn't mention mouse)
so are the drivers for the csr BT device

hello. i have samsung gear headphones, an external usb hard drive transcend store jet and bluetooth dongle csr.
How old is mouse?

are you still using the WIFI adapter? i can see network diagnostics mentioned in WIndows error reporting.

one of your USB devices is the problem, just figuring out which is the fun part.

Jul 22, 2021
intellipoint is crashing, its your mouse drivers (wonder if its built into windows since you didn't mention mouse)
so are the drivers for the csr BT device

How old is mouse?

are you still using the WIFI adapter? i can see network diagnostics mentioned in WIndows error reporting.

one of your USB devices is the problem, just figuring out which is the fun part.
i have the wireless mouse 1000. so its a bit of a weird one i think theres actually no software for this mouse. its microsoft drivers from windows. the problem i had with this was it cause the vertical scroll/zooming to mess up so i installed intellipoint to solve this.

yes i am still using the wifi adapter.

i cant seem to find any other drivers for the BT. its that CSR company that develops all drivers for bluetooth devices