Question ntoskrnl.exe is causing high CPU use

Aug 29, 2019
Hi,

I have a serious problem with interrupts of the system using a lot of my CPU.

The problem started two days ago, that day I got a blue screen saying kernal security check failure.

I think my laptop was still doing fine after the reboot, but not long after I got some serious issues with my CPU.
It is using upto 70 percent of its power for a process called interrupts of the system
So I googled the problem got to a few websites, and one of them told me run latencymom to find out what the issue was.

That helped, because it gave me the following rapport:

Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops.
One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long.
At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results.
One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and Bios setup. Check for Bios Updates.

So I checked for the Interrupt Service Routine (ISR) and it turns out that the ISR of ntoskrnl.exe is through the roof and seems to be the cause of the problem.
So I tried fixing it, by first doing a clean boot, then disabling and reinstalling drivers, checking my memory disk for errors, and a few more things, but nothing seems to help.

So do you guys have any ideas on how to fix this issue?
Thanks in advance

I have an HP Elitebook with the following specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i7 2620M @ 2.70GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (8-8-8-23)
Motherboard Hewlett-Packard 161C (CPU 1)
Graphics Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@40Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 3000 (HP)
Storage 931GB Crucial CT1000MX500SSD1 ATA Device (SATA (SSD))
Optical Drives hp CDDVDW SN-208BB ATA Device
Audio High Definition Audio-apparaat

Well your laptop wont fully support windows 10, was it shipped with 8.1 or 7?
THere might be driver conflict. Good thing is you dont have other gpu than Hd graphics.

Look from device manager for yellow sign drivers or ? mark. Go to HP site and drivers with your model and look for drivers for that specific device.

Aug 29, 2019
Well your laptop wont fully support windows 10, was it shipped with 8.1 or 7?
THere might be driver conflict. Good thing is you dont have other gpu than Hd graphics.

Look from device manager for yellow sign drivers or ? mark. Go to HP site and drivers with your model and look for drivers for that specific device.

I got it delivered with windows10 pro installed already, and it has been running without much problems so far. But I bought it as a refurbished one, so it might have originally been a windows 7 laptop.

The drivers in the device manager don't indicate anything wrong. No yellow signs or question marks or anything.