Nvidia 3D Vision Glasses Go Wired, Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
The sweet spot for me will be when there is a universal standard for it so I don't have to worry about whose monitor or glasses I buy. Unless a monitor I want anyway happens to have 3D Vision support built in, I don't foresee myself ever investing in it.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]godnodog[/nom]Good, but i´ll still have to wait cause my screen is only 60Hertz, and apparently the requirements is 100Hertz[/citation]
100hrz for crt
120hrz for lcd

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Heh, there's the rub. For a decade everybody had CRT monitors that could have done this easily with only the need to buy the glasses, and now they come out with this sort of thing once the world has already moved to 60hz LCD's.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]godnodog[/nom]Good, but i´ll still have to wait cause my screen is only 60Hertz, and apparently the requirements is 100Hertz[/citation]
Why would your wait cause your screen to be 60Hz? I'm sure it is the LCD driver hardware. Do you think if you don't wait it will cause your screen to run at >=100Hz?

idlerp

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]Why would your wait cause your screen to be 60Hz? I'm sure it is the LCD driver hardware. Do you think if you don't wait it will cause your screen to run at >=100Hz?[/citation]

...Maybe a $200+ monitor and the $99 glasses aren't in his budget at this time as opposed to only having to buy the glasses.

mik101

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
@lamorpa

Your comment is a joke right? He has to wait because you need a 120hz LCD monitor to use them, and clearly his (note: most aren't). So, unless he wants to buy a new monitor at the same time, then he has to wait, because it won't work.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]mik101[/nom]@lamorpaYour comment is a joke right? He has to wait because you need a 120hz LCD monitor to use them, and clearly his (note: most aren't). So, unless he wants to buy a new monitor at the same time, then he has to wait, because it won't work.[/citation]
No. He seemed to be saying the wait itself was the cause of his current monitor's 60Hz refresh rate (read his comment again). His sentence makes more sense if you substitute the word 'because' in the place where he typed the word 'cause'. It takes on a more sensible meaning.

mik101

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]No. He seemed to be saying the wait itself was the cause of his current monitor's 60Hz refresh rate (read his comment again). His sentence makes more sense if you substitute the word 'because' in the place where he typed the word 'cause'. It takes on a more sensible meaning.[/citation]

I see what you're saying, but when you read comments on the internet, you need to realize many people don't speak English as a first language, or they may use poor grammar. Look at what people are trying to say, rather exactly what they type. The grammar Nazis will take care of the rest.

ironmb

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
I can't wait for this 3d fad to go away.. i've tried it and let me tell you.. the only thing good that came out of 3d gaming, was the 120hz monitor. 3d will soon roll over and die.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
All i know is that i can no longer watch anime on a 120hz LED tv, just ruined it for me, i can see every layer and they make the anime look cheap lol

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]mik101[/nom]I see what you're saying, but when you read comments on the internet, you need to realize many people don't speak English as a first language, or they may use poor grammar.[/citation]
A cause/because mistake is not an ESL issue, no one would make a translation mistake for those two completely different words.
esp.: causar / porque
fr.: causer / parce que
deutsch: verursachen / weil
российский: вызывать / потому что

[citation][nom]Thunderfox[/nom]Heh, there's the rub. For a decade everybody had CRT monitors that could have done this easily with only the need to buy the glasses, and now they come out with this sort of thing once the world has already moved to 60hz LCD's.[/citation]

One problem with that is that CRT monitors only supported high enough refresh rates at low resolutions.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]A cause/because mistake is not an ESL issue[/citation]

Is english your second language? Native speakers commonly use Cause as a shortened form of Because.

I suppose if one wanted to be anal about it it could be written with an apostrophe in front of it to make it clear that the word had been intentionally shortened, but again, that isn't necessary if one assumes that the readers are native speakers. They will understand it either way.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]Thunderfox[/nom]Is english your second language? Native speakers commonly use Cause as a shortened form of Because.[/citation]
No. 'Cause' used in place of 'because' is a colloquialism in unconstrained conversation (spoken). It is incorrect English in written form. It's useful for commenters to write in basic correct language, especially for those for whom English is a second language. else we ain't gonna get desent understandible coments

And by the way, English is capitalized.

Flame on...

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I like 3D Vision and frankly i was shocked it works for what seems like every game.
I would prefer wireless glasses however for gaming you are near a USB port anyhow, why not just plug in... makes sence realy.

I do believe that 3D will not take off untill it is 100% glasses free and at a reasonable price.

Crotius

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
lamorpa is a highly successful troll.

Now for something relevant to the topic at hand. Personally, I'm waiting for my computer monitor to simply have the glasses free tech that is currently available on devices such as the DS and home television sets. Then I'll actually have an interest in 3d gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.