Nvidia Announces Quadro M5500 GPU For VR With 2048 CUDA Core

Status
Not open for further replies.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
hum... workstations may be ticker but not by much,
I find my 980m pusing 50watts+ to be really toasty and heats up the room while gamming very fast without an AC.
Now we are getting 150watts for GPU and 80watts for CPU, that's approaching 250wats at the exhaust really toasty and inconvenient

eriko

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
I think we need to recognise there is a huge market for these things - and Ebay, Ali Baba etc have been selling them for years.

So yes, they are available to buy, just not from the source.

Oddly, for this GPU, they don't list on Fleabay yet, but give it a couple of weeks...

But anyone thinking of fitting one in their laptop, should note, this will likely not be the same size as your current mxm 3.0b GPU. Electrically the same, but physically the board will be bigger, and thus foul adjacent components / chassis / etc on placement.

eriko

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
hum... workstations may be ticker but not by much,
I find my 980m pusing 50watts+ to be really toasty and heats up the room while gamming very fast without an AC.
Now we are getting 150watts for GPU and 80watts for CPU, that's approaching 250wats at the exhaust really toasty and inconvenient

You must have a tiny room...

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Any laptop running VR is going to sound like a hairdrier, when you fire it up. Plus, you'd better be on AC power.

Therefore, it's really more like a portable VR workstation, rather than truly mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.