News Nvidia Confirms GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Specifications

"this comparison looks somewhat imprecise"

Understatement of what remains of 2022 xD!

Come on, why aren't more people calling out nVidia's marketing BS more often? Does people like being manipulated that much? I'd say "lying", but they're technically not doing that, I guess?

Regards.

Reactions: Elusive Ruse
TKMUz9Xr4Qp9VdiMEDiPhd-970-80.jpeg

Based on the above chart, what's also notable is that Cyberpunk 2077's "New RT Overdrive" mode is currently not available to regular owners of Cyberpunk 2077. This makes Nvidia's performance claims for this mode irrelevant for consumers, as gamers cannot currently access this version of Cyberpunk 2077.

Nvidia did not provide data from the current retail version of Cyberpunk 2077, data that is arguably a lot more relevant for gamers. So as always we should exercise some caution with any vendor benchmark. These are obviously based on DLSS upscaling, instead of raw raster performance.

For games that do not support DLSS 3, Nvidia's performance gains with their RTX 4070 Ti will be much lower. I wouldn't expect a doubling of performance in all games as Nvidia claims.

eye4bear

Honorable
Jul 12, 2018
If only AMD or even Intel had good GPUs ready and priced aggressively, they could be making a killing with NVIDIA shooting themselves in the foot, over and over and over again,

Reactions: atomicWAR

Hortos

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2013
Looking at the specs the 4080 is a 4070 equivalent and this 4070TI is a 4060 equivalent based on the cut down of cuda-cores and the memory bandwidth differences to the top tier card.

hannibal

Distinguished
Is it really though? This is coming in around the same price as the 7900XT and will like rot perform worse

Does not matter, people buy it still because it is Nvidia and it is cheaper than 4080...
Yeah, not good reasons, but I expect that this is $899 GPU and it most likely is the best selling 4080... sorry 4070 in the market...

Oct 2, 2022
Pinch of salt time. Though AMD are just as bad for selective benchmarking and releasing slides awash with the bovine-poop stains of the marketing team.

The prices for this Gen from both brands is nought more than gouging, it's also pretty disappointing since both brands seem to have issues with the hardware and/or drivers.

Looks like I'm sat on my 2070 Super for a lot longer. (Struggling to see a £500 upgrade path any more if I'm honest, got the 2070 Super for £309 new when the 30 series was released, since when the market has been out of control)

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Then you're cutting it wrong. But I know where this is most likely coming from. At $899.00 The 4070Ti is going to force AMD to cut their 7 series prices now. Sorry.

Excluding DLSS 3 it is about as fast as a 3080
Then you're cutting it wrong. But I know where this is most likely coming from. At $899.00 The 4070Ti is going to force AMD to cut their 7 series prices now. Sorry.

At best a 30% increase over the 3080 for 33% more in not progress, and the AMD cards are also overpriced.