News Nvidia Continues To Tease GeForce RTX 40-Series GPU Announcement

Yeah, the teaser indeed hints at the 'Numbers of Bernoulli for the Analytical Engine' as proposed by Ada Lovelace.

The numbers shown on a sticky note may refer to the specs of the AD102 GPU. This could be the size of the die (629 mm²) and the number of transistors (75.38B). The first number is not clear, although some believe it may be 2.08x higher performance than GA102.

Diagram_for_the_computation_of_Bernoulli_numbers.jpg

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
The numbers shown on a sticky note may refer to the specs of the AD102 GPU. This could be the size of the die (629 mm²) and the number of transistors (75.38B). The first number is not clear, although some believe it may be 2.08x higher performance than GA102.
I'm fairly certain the 208 indicates how many will be available on launch day, 629 is the base wattage, and 7538 is obviously the MSRP.

ikernelpro4

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 4, 2018
Apple's M1 is faster than this GPU.
Because an ARM Chip can be compared to a Graphics card......
Even if you referred to x86, you still are comparing slimmed down apples to artillerly sized oranges.

ARM ≠ x86_64 they are completely different architecture instruction sets for completely different purposes.

Even though this has nothing to do with a graphics card anymore but people keep comparing the M1 with regular CPUs because of fancy apple images...
Ask yourself why we haven't put x86 chips into phones and other low power devices, once you've searched the web a few minutes you will find out quickly why.

kjohn034

Prominent
Apr 24, 2021
Nvidia showed it's true colors over the last couple years. Communist comes to mind. Restricting mining on their cards? Are we renting their gpu's or buying them? And for the gamers...maybe they don't like your game in the future and you can't play it on their cards. Far fetched? I don't think so. Not even a penny of mine will go to Nvidia ever again. Team red is the way to go. They even came out with a statement saying you bought our card and you can use it how you see fit.

TRENDING THREADS