Nvidia Driver Loading Delayed During Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2018
Hi everyone,

I've recently encountered an issue with my display drivers. After I boot into Windows 10, my computer will fail to load Nvidia drivers and Nvidia control panel and will display using the generic onboard display drivers; meaning no Nvidia control panel, no multiple monitors because I did not configure the setting for it in the windows display settings, and even GPU Tweak II says "vender.dll failed. Install VGA driver".

The chain of events are as follows to replicate it: it'll load into desktop, run off the on board display drivers, after a few minutes turn black, display odd, glitchy blocks (as shown in the attached image link), then it may or may not load nvidia drivers. If it fails to do so, it'll restart my computer and repeat the process until it is able to load the drivers correctly. I know it fails to load the nvidia drivers because I am able to quickly go to device manager before it loads nvidia drivers under display adapters and it'll say the generic adapter and not asus 1080ti geforce. Also, if I quickly run nvidia geforce experience before the drivers load, it'll say there is a driver available to download. Also, in my GPU's events in the device manager in seems to say "drivers installed" every time after it loads the nvidia drivers. Maybe it is reinstalling the drivers each boot?

Monitor when loading Nvidia driver

I've tried using DDU to completely remove the Nvidia drivers to do a clean install through downloading the drivers through Geforce's site and not the geforce experience program but that has not solved my problem.

I currently run an i7-8086k
Asus 1080 ti
Asus Z370-E MOBO
DDR4-3200HZ g.skillz 32 GB RAM.

This issue is fairly new to me, as I've been able to start my computer correctly with the nvidia drivers loaded before I am even able to sign in. Any help would be appreciated, looking for solutions other than reinstalling Windows 10 completely but I'll do what I must to solve this.

UPDATE 1: I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and the issue persists. I've narrowed it down to Windows not booting the Nvidia drivers fast enough during start up. Still looking for solutions.

Reactions: BaDaBingDK
Oct 29, 2019
Hi there,

I have just created and account here to thank you for posting the solution to your issue. I had the same issue and your post helped me fix it.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.