[SOLVED] NVIDIA Drivers fail to install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lrman

Reputable
Aug 7, 2019
I really dont get this... everytime I try to install new Nvidia drivers it fails. I basically rebuild my whole pc with new parts and a new graphics card, still get this issue. Does anyone know why this happens?

Lrman

Reputable
Aug 7, 2019
What are the specs for this system (make/model of all installed components)?

Is this the same system with the riser cable from your most recent thread?
Yes this is the same one with the riser cable. Do you think I need a new riser cable is it shot or something?

PC Specs:

cpu - Intel Core i9-13900K - Core i9 13th Gen Raptor Lake 24-Core
gpu - RTX 4080 (old one was RTX 2080 ti)
motherboard - ASRock Z790M-ITX WIFI Intel LGA1700 (14th,13th,12th Gen) Mini-ITX Mainboard
psu - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold White Edition Full Modular, 750W
ram - Team Elite Plus 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 5200 (PC5 41600) Desktop Memory Model TPSD532G5200HC42DC01
internal ssd - MSI SPATIUM M390 M.2 2280 1TB PCIe Gen3 x4, NVMe 1.4 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
cpu cooler - DeepCool LT520 Premium Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm, High-Performance FK120 FDB Fans

Note:

My GPU does use a riser cable to connect to the motherboard.

Lrman

Reputable
Aug 7, 2019
I'm just wondering if that cable is the issue. Have you tried DDU to remove current drivers (not that you should have to)?
I havent on this current build but I did on the last build and that didnt seem to fix it. Idk maybe ill try a new riser cable since they arent that expensive. Just weird though cause after I rebuild with the new parts my drivers installed normally for like a week now its giving me issue again.

Lrman

Reputable
Aug 7, 2019
Of course you are installing as administrator (or from an administrator account). Right?

Yeah, that cable has me ol' spidey senses tingling for some reason and I know you can't mount the GPU directly to the motherboard (IIRC).
Yeah I used administrator, so I got a new riser cable and they installed first try... I guess that riser cable has just been causing all sorts of issues. So annoying!!! At least its fixed, I hope at least we will see.

Lrman

Reputable
Aug 7, 2019
An update on this. I actually continued to have issues and it turned out that my CPU had been fried and was causing issues. Replaced the CPU and the computer was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.