Nvidia Employee Didn't Say "Bomb" on Airplane

Status
Not open for further replies.

tengen

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
Sounds like a combination of bad British English + Hong Kong Chinese accent.

Unless he spoke Cantonese, then he's got no excuses.

G

Unless someone was there to corroborate the attendant's story, I can't see how this man can be prosecuted, or even arrested... man, this is so stupid.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
You know this is why we have to start hiring English speakers here in the US.
I have to work with some people that may as well be telling me they have a bomb in their jacket every time they open their mouthes, cause I can't understand a word of their English.

G

@symetrixpc: though the TSA has certainly been guilty of following nonsense procedures, the incident you described was actually completely valid from a security point of view.

A mach3 razor blade cannot be used to bring down a plane; it won't break through the reinforced door to the cockpit, and everyone on the plane will restrain you if you try. On the other hand, several items containing more than 3oz of liquid could definitely blow a hole in the fuselage, if they contained high explosives.

[citation][nom]xoloki[/nom]@symetrixpc: though the TSA has certainly been guilty of following nonsense procedures, the incident you described was actually completely valid from a security point of view.A mach3 razor blade cannot be used to bring down a plane; it won't break through the reinforced door to the cockpit, and everyone on the plane will restrain you if you try. On the other hand, several items containing more than 3oz of liquid could definitely blow a hole in the fuselage, if they contained high explosives.[/citation]

Ignorance is bliss. There are 3 (count them, THREE) razor blades in a Mach 3 razor. If broken, the razor blades can be removed. Now, let's think about what you can do with a sharp object like a razor blade. Cut someone? Hold someone hostage? Threaten to cut their throat? Now you've got a flight attendant hostage, and are ordering the Captain to do what you want before you hurt someone.

So, razor blades have no reason to be on an airplane.

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
a small broken razor blade is a weapon in prison.i did some time in a federal prison 20 years ago.

i was once assualted in the lower east side in nyc by a man who tried to cut my neck with a broken piece of a razor blade.you hold it between two fingers and slash.he slashed my face but didnot take me down.

razors can make a deadly weapon when used that way by the right person you will be dead with a slashed throat on the jugular vein.

Miyasashi

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
"The flight attendant backed away from the Nvidia marketing director"

Nvidia's way of a marketing stunt?

Bad publicity is still publicity...

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
What if someone is carriying a comb in the jacket and the flight atttendant misunderstands the passenger ?

I mean "comb" ... "bomb"... it's scary.. you can end up in jail for just wanting to have a nice appeareance.

Status
Not open for further replies.