Question Nvidia G-SYNC not working everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstslayer09

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2012
G-SYNC isn't working everytime i launch my games, causing screen tear. It seems to only work when i first boot up my pc and launch the game. later on as my pc is idling or i'm watching netflix and try to play some games, i notice the GSYNC indicator isnt there and my game tears,

I have to reboot my pc everytime if i want it to work again, does anyone know what the issue is?

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your motherboard, then make sure you're on the latest chipset, MEI and GPU drivers. For the GPU's end, use DDU and uninstall your drivers then reinstall with the latest found off of Nvidia's support site.

Also, what titles are you having an issue with?

Reactions: firstslayer09

firstslayer09

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2012
I'm using a nvidia 2060 and yes my drivers are updated 441.87.

as for bios for mobo and chipset MEI drivers, i have not checked that as it seems more complicated to me lol. but i will do now!

mjbn1977

Distinguished
Is the game you playing running in borderless window mode? if yes, G-sync might not be active (you can set it in the nvidia control panel if you want to use g-sync in full screen only or also in windowed). I believe full screen only is default.

firstslayer09

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2012
Is the game you playing running in borderless window mode? if yes, G-sync might not be active (you can set it in the nvidia control panel if you want to use g-sync in full screen only or also in windowed). I believe full screen only is default.
my game is in fullscreen mode, gsync activates when i play just fine. the problem is - it shuts OFF after ~3hours. just stops working. making my game tear like crazy. i dont know what could possibly be the problem.

bioject

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2016
my game is in fullscreen mode, gsync activates when i play just fine. the problem is - it shuts OFF after ~3hours. just stops working. making my game tear like crazy. i dont know what could possibly be the problem.
That’s g sync telling you that you need a break.
Have you tried calling the manufacturer of your monitor? They might have some suggestions.

what monitor is it? Are you using the display port cable that came with the monitor? If not are you using a new cable or a random one you had laying around? You also might want to check with the manufacturer on the cable too.

firstslayer09

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2012
That’s g sync telling you that you need a break.
Have you tried calling the manufacturer of your monitor? They might have some suggestions.

what monitor is it? Are you using the display port cable that came with the monitor? If not are you using a new cable or a random one you had laying around? You also might want to check with the manufacturer on the cable too.
my monitor is the AOC G2590FX. and im using an aftermarket display port cable i got from best buy.

I find it hard to believe it would just be the monitor telling itself to shut off gsync. but since it does turn off after 3hours every time. I think it definitely has to do with a timer or something. I will try contacting the manufacturer of the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.