Nvidia GeForce 314.14 Beta Drivers Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]Is that before or after people connect to the Simcity server?[/citation]

lol omg ZING.. that was pretty good..

wdmfiber

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]I can't believe anyone using a 690 would notice a 9 % change on Starcraft[/citation]
Indeed!
However, the HotS expansion pack release is three days away. Ppl should note that this beta driver has optimisations... if they have any issues, perhaps a fix is already in the "pipe" (five by five).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dXc2W1uWck

redeemer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]the tomb raider issue is not all driver related, a patch will be needed for the game itself.[/citation]

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/07/nvidia-apologises-for-crummy-tomb-raider-performance/

nope there has been two game patches already

nieur

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
I don't exactly know how GPU works but why it needs driver?(question)
why can't we just compile the program and execute the instructions on GPU(similar to CPU)

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
[citation][nom]nieur[/nom]I don't exactly know how GPU works but why it needs driver?(question) why can't we just compile the program and execute the instructions on GPU(similar to CPU)[/citation]
cpu does have drivers, they're just auto installed along with Windows/Linux/whatever.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]aimee9sanchez[/nom]just as Evelyn explained I'm in shock that a person can profit $7387 in four weeks on the internet. did you read this link>>>>> http://nyan.cat[/citation]
Like everyone else on the internet I'm in shock that you think anyone would actually fall for this. Did you really think that would work?

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
[citation][nom]livebriand[/nom]Like everyone else on the internet I'm in shock that you think anyone would actually fall for this. Did you really think that would work?[/citation]

Those are generated by spam bots, they get past the captcha by using captcha farms (there are idiots who will go on those pay sites which pay you 1 tenth of a penny for each captcha you get right (not understanding that you will probably never reach the $10 minimum payout.

Anyway more complex caphchas are no longer working because those spam companies are farming out the captcha for more or less free.

The only effective way so far that I have seen is to have custom human verifications where it will ask something like " What is 5 plus two" This reduces the ability of the spambots to farm off all of the verifications and thus will require then to customize a spam profile for the site (which can be mitigated by changing the id's of the text fields)

Another method (though it requires more moderators), is to have a comment approval system where after they register, their first post requires approval and if it is spam the moderator can easily ban the user, and if it is a valid comment then it is approved and then all subsequent post will be approved automatically.

hopefully tomshardware will one day implement a more modern spam prevention system.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
BTW on a side note, does PlanetSide 2 have physX enabled now? I noticed files being replaced...haven't been able to test yet, BF3 update going on...
http://bit.ly/YNQjU2
YNQjU2

jordash25

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
FOR TOMB RAIDER
These do not fix the crashes associated with TR. To fix them install this . Once installed change both SLI Compatibility and SLI compatibility (DX1x) setting using nvidia inspector to "0x084000F5"

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]I can't believe anyone using a 690 would notice a 9 % change on Starcraft[/citation]

There are other gains than only the fps, running tripple-buffer means less frame lag or running with v-sync on means more power saved due to the more efficient rendering provided the driver is still set to adaptive/power save mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.