Nvidia GeForce Experience 3 Beta Over, Get Ready To Log In For Automatic Driver Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

GeForce Experience is not a driver.
You can still get the GeForce drivers manually from the website and not use GeForce Experience.

This software lets you record the game, take screenshots, stream gameplay, interface with Sheild devices, and optimize your game settings automatically so you don't have to fiddle with them.

omegashock

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Having just been confronted by that screen, I deleted the 'experience'.

Whoever thought this up needs to be fired. And, if that person doesn't get fired, I will probably 'fire' Nvidia.

Realist9

Reputable
May 31, 2014
I have never found that Experience applies the best settings for any game. I always had to go in and change stuff to get the best results.

I think Experience is great for people who have no clue about their system and the game they are playing. That is the kindest way I can put that.

It's just not for folks like me. I'll set stuff up correctly all on my own, thanks.

And they can take their requirement to log in and...

beshonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
I use my Shield often. Geforce experience driver updates are easier than manually updating. I like seeing all my games listed out. I never use the settings they select because they balance quality and performance, and I prefer performance. I'm a tweaker like the rest of you, and geforce experience is a good thing if you want to use the features. If you don't, then don't install it. Stop crying over a login, and scanning for games. They're not a problem, and they're the best solutions for the features to work well.

rush21hit

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
*installs

Oh yeah, sure, make it on Ultra on 768p with a 750Ti at Fallout4 while I'm having only a dual core screaming at 100% usage all the time.
I totally understand sometimes framerates had to be stuttered because of my crappy CPU.
Also,thank you for your Godray nVidia. I absolutely notice the beauty of it everywhere all the time while my GPU tanks about 20-30% lower FPS compared to without.

*uninstalls

Just because you don't like the optimization part of it, doesn't mean the software is useless. Shadowplay is like a blessing for me. And the new screenshot part of it also seems great, though I have not tested it yet.
I never use auto optimization, because I have a very 'overkill' gpu, but I really see no problem with the login. Create a geforce account, login once, just save your credentials, and never worry about it again. A lot easier than manually downloading drivers every time.

Nicholas Steel

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2015
I'll give it a shot, if it tries to auto-update the driver I will have to firewall block it... however now that it requires logging in to use anything that solution won't work. I'll need to figure out a way to specifically block communication with the download service.

beshonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
It doesn't auto update the driver unless you tell it to. For me, it puts a little exclamation point in the taskbar icon for GFE telling me there's an update. When I'm ready, I open the program, download the driver, and do a custom install. Easy and seamless.

G

Are you no longer able to record the desktop through shadowplay?
If this is the case, i absolutely despise the new update.

Fortunately, when you're installing the drivers (download from page) it allows you to opt-out of installing GFE.

I put a 1060-6GB in a friends PC this past weekend and when installing it was a nice surprise you could opt out of it. I remember from my notebook drivers it was bundled, but it was good to see I was wrong. In any case, I asked my friend about and he just didn't want to have yet another login program running. Plus recording or taking pretty pictures was not his thing, lol.

Cheers!

fku_nvidia

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Wow, the whole forced log in thing is so lame.. I was only trying to turn on my shadowplay to memorize a character creation settings.. it forced me to update and killed my game and cc settings. HATE!!!! Yeah, whoever thought this up should be fired. And shot. I loved Nvidia, now they're trying to become like fb and google which I hate? Frak you nvidia!!!

fku_nvidia

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Apparently they're overkill about passwords too. Jesus christ.. can I please go back to the old days of the internet? This new internet sucks.

There is no need to force these insane 20 character passwords on people.. if they want one they can make one on their own.

fku_nvidia

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
It doesn't even send the verification email, so it's completely useless now and I can't even log in. Most retarded thing ever. All I wanted was to access shadowplay. *sniff* It just wasted way too much of my time by forcing endless bs on me.... I wish I could have kept the old version... it was great. And I was planning on buying a new nvidia graphics card soon. Will have to rethink that. :-/

fku_nvidia

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Even the recording is awful. All this bs pops up on the screen, gets in the way and doesn't work right.. before I only had to press two keys. NO. Has been uninstalled.

How to solve all problems and issues with GeForce Experience 3.0:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/963302/geforce-experience/-how-to-fix-geforce-experience-3-0-shadow-play-led-visualizer-and-remove-the-need-to-log-in-/

DeadlyDays

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
some of the features are nice, I like using shadowplay on 15m so when some BS happens on a server I can hit the hotkey, snip the video, upload and share with admins. Great feature. I have also used the streaming which would fairly well.

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
Install separate from driver updates; i.e. install driver, additional software (as desired), uncheck GFE and install everything FIRST. THEN go back and install GFE if wanted. Elevates some headaches that GFE can cause when installed together with NV drivers.

Not sure if these "new" or BETA editions of GFE have hurdled past issues with this or not, but since I have started doing this my NV driver updates/installs/running have had ZERO issues it seems.

W4YNEWHITE

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
GFE has NEVER EVER worked on my MSI GT72 Dominator pro. Every single update using GFE has failed. Manually updating has been the only way now for nearly 2 years. Will this new update work for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.