Nvidia GeForce GTX 1000 Series (Pascal) MegaThread: FAQ and Resources

Page 142 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

U6b36ef

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010

Thank you!

I had searched for 2000 series threads on TH. Not found what I was looking for though.

I get 404 - Page Not Found, from that link though. I'll search Turing.

EDIT: Got it. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3771988/nvidia-turing-volta-megathread.html

Do you think it'd be easier if i added "2000 series" to the title for searches? I didn't realize people actually looked up the term 2000 series instead of turing as much as now.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Wouldn't hurt, but it seems it isn't all that active either. Says a lot about the non-impact the cards have had. (Or that not enough of the regulars have bought them)

Maybe AMD will help mix it up in the next few months.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
does seem the overall attitude about the 2000 series is pretty meh. of course you can't find them anywhere so that shows someone is buying them, even if it isn't our main users here. i'm never in the market for the top end cards anyway and what you get for what they cost is nothing i'd consider worth it anyway....

U6b36ef

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
Yeah I mean, I read the 2000 series stock is old out on pre-order.

@Math Geek, yeah 2000 seires, the price preformance is not so good. 20% to 25% boost in preformance, for 50% cost increase, without Ray Tracing.

I remember saying in this thread that I had bought my 1080 Ti late in the day. Meaning I would get less use than early adopters. Howeever today I was feeling that I was getting my money's worth. Therefor I am happier about the £730 I spent. (I don't really OC either, so it should last forever. I have not OC'd this 108 Ti yet as I have never needed it. I only do tiny minimal OC on the odd occasion I need it. Not big permanent OC.)

£1200 for the next gen. I really can't see the value.

U6b36ef

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010

Maybe the reason there are not many posts, is because no-one can find it. I couldn't until you prompted me with the title tags. I barely even know the word Turing anyway. Had it said 2000 series I would probably already have posted in it. Instead we have been posting our thoughts here.

Dec 24, 2018

trying to be able to change my pc specs on the forums :p

Jan 2, 2019
has anyone ever ran into the issue of a GTX 2070 showing up in your desktop as a 1050TI...? I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 (fairly old) with an i5-4440 on windows 10 pro with Kingston SSD 256GB and WD Blue 1TB with 16GB RAM. At first, I had the 1050TI installed in the PC and later upgraded to 2070 however, both Precision X-1 AND Device Manager BOTH showed that I only had the 2070 installed. It was crazy to see no matter how many different things I tried to get it to change.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i assume you completely uninstalled the drivers for the 1050ti before installing the new card? using something like DDU first saves a ton of headaches down the road. i also assume you meant "later upgraded to 2070 however, both Precision X-1 AND Device Manager BOTH showed that I only had the <1050ti> installed"

if you've already done that, then one more try will likely solve it. remove the card and boot into safe mode using the IGP, then run DDU, shut down, install the 2070, reboot and install the drivers and so on for it. should remove the old references and leave only the 2070 drivers and references there.

Jan 2, 2019
i assume you completely uninstalled the drivers for the 1050ti before installing the new card? using something like DDU first saves a ton of headaches down the road. i also assume you meant "later upgraded to 2070 however, both Precision X-1 AND Device Manager BOTH showed that I only had the <1050ti> installed"

if you've already done that, then one more try will likely solve it. remove the card and boot into safe mode using the IGP, then run DDU, shut down, install the 2070, reboot and install the drivers and so on for it. should remove the old references and leave only the 2070 drivers and references there.
Well for such a sophisticated piece of hardware I had no idea that all of that was even necessary… However, I ran them simultaneously and therefore I needed both the drivers installed and itstill only showed 1050 TI however this time and said X 2