Nvidia GeForce GTX 465 Tested by Chinese Site

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]mrboycom[/nom]Enough of Fermi please, develop something new Nvidia,[/citation]

Um, do you want a new arch every month? Fermi only been out for a about a month......

[citation][nom]mrboycom[/nom]Too less powerful already, HD 5870 is the standard.[/citation]

Well depending on what your doing, maybe 5870 is or isn't a standard. Maybe for gpgpu it's the GTX 470/480. maybe for a monitor resolution of 1680x1050, an HD 5770 mabye the standard. (and the list goes on)

Your going to have to be specific on the standard your talking about as "standard" is different for each person.

[citation][nom]adamspc[/nom]Has anyone else pointed this out? I was watching the History channel yesterday and heard the name. Sort of funny the name is associated with nuclear fission...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enrico_Fermi[/citation]

Certainly interesting. I wondered if thats how nvidia got the name. :lol:

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
meat81

Am I alone in wondering when nvidia's dual GPU card (perhaps GTX495?) based on the 400 series comming out?

Fermi is to hot, consume to much power and is to expensive for dual GPU on the same board. Don't expect some high end GTX495, if Nvidia produce a dual card it will be based on an upcoming refinement from Fermi and a cut down version from the 480.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
WILL IT BLEND?

come on guys :) we need lower power graphics cards that give us better visuals. But I don't see this happening any time soon. It's cool to see Nvidia put out another product but it is going to cost over 300 bucks I am guessing so I'm out. I think I'll upgrade my PC in about 5 years.

siuol11

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
[citation][nom]meat81[/nom]Am I alone in wondering when nvidia's dual GPU card (perhaps GTX495?) based on the 400 series comming out?[/citation]
Fudzilla had a note on this... they said the dual-GPU card will be based on the GF104 (the Geforce 260) since it is the only chip in the lineup with a low enough TDP to have two on the same cicruct board (150W TDP).

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Since the GTX470 is around the HD5850 in performance but is the same price as the HD5870 over here I don't hold much hope for this card being priced relative to its performance. Can't wait to see how well it performs tho.

[citation][nom]meat81[/nom]With ATI having the fastest single card solution I dont think Nvidia will let that go.[/citation]

WTF are you talking about meathead? ATI lost the fastest single GPU crown to nVidia with the 480. Yes it costs more and yes it uses more power and yes it produces more heat (break out the violin for the pussies). But the fact is the fact: Nvidia is back on top as the king of high end cards. Period end of story homie.

TemjinGold

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
[citation][nom]10tacle[/nom]WTF are you talking about meathead? ATI lost the fastest single GPU crown to nVidia with the 480. Yes it costs more and yes it uses more power and yes it produces more heat (break out the violin for the pussies). But the fact is the fact: Nvidia is back on top as the king of high end cards. Period end of story homie.[/citation]

Did you even read his post, homie? Fastest single card, not fastest single GPU.

I have seen benchies where the 5970 loses to the 480, not many granted but considering that it's one GPU Vs two just one would be enough to put Ati's claim on the crown into doubt.

CaptainBib

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
Crysis Benchmarks really should be discarded, the game was coded so poorly that nothing can max it out and still play.

Also, ATI was charged with cheating in the crysis benchmarks with the 10.3 driver.

Everyone who loves ATI will go for a 5850, Everyone who loves Nvidia will get a 470/465, nothing is going to change that.

BTW the original Fermi reviews aren't exactly applicable anymore, the new driver really improved performance (10% in Metro at max with a single board and much better SLI scaling than the first round of Drivers)

A 470 is really in it's own level now, noticeably faster than a 5850, and still too far from a 5870.

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]meat81[/nom]And you know for a fact that Nvidia will not make a revised 2 GPU version? Nope, you do not. With ATI having the fastest single card solution I dont think nvidia will let that go. Its just a nature of business to try to out do your competition, aka pissing contest.[/citation]
You're just going to have to let the ati fanboys make fools of themselves. It's always fun to come back and quote old threads like this once products are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.