Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Specifications Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Honestly, although I would have preferred one earlier, I think that it might end up being okay that AMD didn't target this price range. If AMD's prices keep getting dropped, the 7850 will hit around the $150 mark and this GTX 650 Ti won't be able to come close to the 7850 in performance.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]Aloyzas[/nom]If the specs are correct then it's weaker than gtx 550 ti.[/citation]

Actually, I think that this is much stronger than the 550 Ti. The current 650 averages out to around the 550 Ti in performance, so this model with 50% more cores at a similar frequency with a 7.5% memory bandwidth advantage over the 650 (meaning that like Nvidia's higher end cards, this one is also probably at least a little memory-bandwidth bottle-necked too) should beat the 550 Ti by large margins in most games with most settings configurations.

proffet

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
where are the benches.?!

mind you the Kepler (GTX 6 series) is a gaming only card so in a certain environment it might do OK for it's price point in gaming....
but right now the better OVERALL card is HD Radeon 7 series.
I say this and I'm a nVidia runner but I do more than gaming, computing is very important to me.

If the specs are correct then it's weaker than gtx 550 ti.
this card is better than the GTX 550 Ti in gaming..

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012

Maxwell will probably launch in 2014 IMO. We still have Kepler for 2012 and Kepler's second generation for 2013, so 2014 is most likely the earliest for Maxwell, maybe 2015 if Nvidia takes too long to be done with Kepler.

bawchicawawa

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
[citation][nom]horaciopz[/nom]THIS CARD ----> http://www.tomshardware.com/review [...] 196-7.html Is what AMD needs for the 140-190 USD Range price. a little more Performance than HD6870, cheaper than a HD6850... Just between HD7770 and HD7850. And just about performance of a GTX560ti.AMD, play smart, please![/citation]

Check out the prices of the 7850... You can get a DCUII 2gb vram 7850 for 187$ right now free shipping

this card look just slightly faster than a 7770 but much more expensive. The performance difference between this and the 660 is significant and probably as big if not bigger than the difference between the 7770 and the 7850.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]Ironslice[/nom]I think this should cost no more than $150, especially with only 576 CUDA cores instead of 768.[/citation]there is still a gap between 660 vs 650Ti, I assume Nvidia got another 768 core GTX655/660SE for this. What I am not happy is the pricing, as well as the 5.4Gbps RAM Speed. it should be $130, 6Gbps respectively.

atticus14

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
with the AMD 8xxx series looming and 7850s already as low as 169-177 on newegg (AR) in about 3 more months the 7850s will probably hit 150 or lower making this a terrible long term investment.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]icemunk[/nom]Better late than never. $150 is a price range ATI is missing at the moment.[/citation]

ati doesn't really need the 150 price range , consider the fact that most online retailers , have 7850's down to 169 in some instances, bassically for 20 bucks more you can get an AMD card that blows this thing out of the water and into the stratosphere. hell the 650 ti will be hard pressed to beat the 7770 card which is priced about 140 right now at most e-retailers. seriously AMD aint the one droping the ball here, nvidia is with their overpricing on their higher end parts.

I don't like the specs and I am willing to bet that it will be starved for bandwidth more than anything else. Nvidia really screwed up by disabling so much of the shader and worse one of the memory controller units. I have been an nvidia user for many years and this is getting ridiculous that Nvidia is making cards like this.

For the newbies you want to avoid this card when it comes out as it won't be the value that you would like and nor will its performance be worth the price. I would consider this a $110-$130 and the 650 as well the 640 is overpriced.

[citation][nom]luciferano[/nom]Actually, I think that this is much stronger than the 550 Ti. The current 650 averages out to around the 550 Ti in performance, so this model with 50% more cores at a similar frequency with a 7.5% memory bandwidth advantage over the 650 (meaning that like Nvidia's higher end cards, this one is also probably at least a little memory-bandwidth bottle-necked too) should beat the 550 Ti by large margins in most games with most settings configurations.[/citation]

I have my doubts that it will consistently perform to those expectations. People need to factor in the bandwidth needs of those 16 extra TMU and 8 more ROP units. This card is likely to end up more bandwidth starved than the GT640 and GTX650 which will almost certainly bottleneck the shader. Nvidia should have kept all three memory controllers active and traditionally their designs allowed for decoupled memory controllers which is still true with Kepler. If it had remained as a 192bit card its performance would have been noticeably higher than what will hit the shelves.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]I have my doubts that it will consistently perform to those expectations. People need to factor in the bandwidth needs of those 16 extra TMU and 8 more ROP units. This card is likely to end up more bandwidth starved than the GT640 and GTX650 which will almost certainly bottleneck the shader. Nvidia should have kept all three memory controllers active and traditionally their designs allowed for decoupled memory controllers which is still true with Kepler. If it had remained as a 192bit card its performance would have been noticeably higher than what will hit the shelves.[/citation]

Having more ROPs doesn't mean that it needs more bandwidth to have the same performance. Even without the extra ROPs, this card should be able to outperform the 650 and the 550 Ti significantly. Adding ROPs and such doesn't hinder performance, although the added parts might not be effectively utilized for the performance gains that they could have given had other components such as the memory controllers been able to keep up with them.

It will probably be much more memory-bandwidth starved than either of the other two cards, but it should be able to outperform them nonetheless. Heck, the GTX 680M has only about 30% more memory bandwidth than this card, yet it can fight with the Radeon 7970M (although I'd take the 7970M over it), a card that is easily almost as fast as Radon 7770 CF. This 650 Ti will undoubtedly have inconsistent performance (even the 650 has inconsistent performance where it can jump around from roughly on-par with the 7770 to weaker than a GTS 450), but at least on average, it should out-perform the 7770.

Maybe I'm overestimating its capabilities, but even if I'm correct, I'm not saying that I'd buy nor even recommend this card. The 7850 is only a little more expensive and is without a doubt a far superior card. and even if it loses at stock, the 7770 should have no trouble keeping up in overclocking performance even if it takes a little 2x MSAA to even out the performance comparison a little.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]macakencia[/nom]if it's priced 150$ with this Specs, will this card beat the HD6850 150$ and HD 7770 130$ ??[/citation]

I think that it will beat them even if only slightly, but nforce4max thinks otherwise. You probably shouldn't make a definitive decision on the card (assuming that you are considering buying it) until we see some benchmarks from multiple sites on it to get a hopefully well-rounded understanding of the card.

army_ant7

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
[citation][nom]luciferano[/nom]Maxwell will probably launch in 2014 IMO. We still have Kepler for 2012 and Kepler's second generation for 2013, so 2014 is most likely the earliest for Maxwell, maybe 2015 if Nvidia takes too long to be done with Kepler.[/citation]
That's what page 14 of this seems to indicate. http://www.nvidia.com/docs/IO/113297/ISC-Briefing-Sumit-June11-Final.pdf :)

I forgot if each of the memory controllers are tied to a GPC (whatever that stands for; Graphics Processor Controller maybe? Hehe...), but, Nvidia, couldn't you have just disable that GPC on the right with only 1 SMX for the sake of symmetricness? Hahaha!

Of course, that's just an ignorant joke. Maybe, if this is even true, they did it because they think it's balanced (GPU to memory performance) for most games at the typical gamer's settings and/or to put a bigger gap between GTX 650 and 660...siblings (Ti and non-Ti).

zanedragonknight

Honorable
May 9, 2012
I was hoping for this. I wanted a Nvidia better then the 650, which I was getting, but cheaper then the 660. Electronic components are so overpriced in India...

Status
Not open for further replies.