Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 Graphics Cards Vendor Roundup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Captivus

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
"support for only 2-way SLI"...
Im crying inside thinking about a guy reading this and saying: "WHAT!! Only 2 GTX680!! Thats crazy!! Its like playing Skyrim at 120 FPS! Am i back in the 90s!!"

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Whatever you do... DO NOT BUY FROM GALAXY: they got terrible customer support. I still cringe when I think of that 9800GX2 that I bought from them awhile ago.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Waiting for 4gb Evga HC Classified. I'll never buy from Asus again. Bought 3 monitor's from them, one got dead pixel lines after 3 weeks of light usage, and there customer support was "HORRIBLE", I bought it new, and it said it came with an 3 year warranty, and an advanced RMA, but they wouldn't do an advanced RMA, and tried pushing a regular RMA on me, and then was gonna send me a used monitor. I refused. Luckily newegg is doing a refund.

Thats the last thing i'll ever buy from Asus..

On a side note, I RMA'd a graphics card through evga a few years back, and their support is excellent.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
In most benchmarks the additional costs for boosting the clock speeds is never worth it. If it does not affect cost over base price then an ok perk.

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
[citation][nom]upgrade_1977[/nom]Waiting for 4gb Evga HC Classified. I'll never buy from Asus again. Bought 3 monitor's from them, one got dead pixel lines after 3 weeks of light usage, and there customer support was "HORRIBLE", I bought it new, and it said it came with an 3 year warranty, and an advanced RMA, but they wouldn't do an advanced RMA, and tried pushing a regular RMA on me, and then was gonna send me a used monitor. I refused. Luckily newegg is doing a refund.Thats the last thing i'll ever buy from Asus.. On a side note, I RMA'd a graphics card through evga a few years back, and their support is excellent.[/citation]

I never had a problem with their RMA process

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]bourgeoisdude[/nom]I think it'd be nice if, just to see how much difference it makes, you could do a roundup of benchmarking tests of the same graphics card from multiple vendors.[/citation]

Tom's normally does that... so expect something like that in the near future!

Devastater6194

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
[citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]Because they are 2.5 slot width cards, so you couldn't physically place more then 2 on your mobo. As each card uses only 1 slot, but blocks 2 slots. Since the standard is to space the PCIE slots every other slot, and these take 2.5 slots it covers half of the next slot. So these would only work in slot 1 & 3, 1 & 4, or 2 & 4. That's why they are 2 way. Possibly if you remove the cooling system and replace it with a slim line which only takes a max of 2 slots you can get 4 way SLI.[/citation]
So they are only limited by their size rather than the actual card. Okay that makes more sense.

noobalert

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
order one of the PNY's last weekend from the PNY online shop, It arrived this past Wednesday Cost me around $550 with 2day shipping. I now see they want $579.99 +shipping good luck with that, but they're probably the only vendor online sill with stock on hand right now.

I refused the shipment at the door, in hopes that the 4gig versions will arrive sooner then previously projected. Fingers Crossed :)

Derbixrace

Distinguished
May 26, 2008
thats nice, just out of curiosity, how much did Nvidia pay you for this? i mean you havent done anything like this for AMD 7970s and they have excisted longer!

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
[citation][nom]spookyman[/nom]I never had a problem with their RMA process[/citation] I was promised an advanced RMA through Asus on there product page and there website. Many people with same problem. Read the reviews on newegg. Plenty of people with same problem.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]happyballz[/nom]Whatever you do... DO NOT BUY FROM GALAXY: they got terrible customer support. I still cringe when I think of that 9800GX2 that I bought from them awhile ago.[/citation]

Tomshardware should not only review the hardware, but also the hardware provider's customer service.

So many top rated products would lose their badges...

Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
I would go with either MSi or ASUS or Zotac I'm not sure about palit thought but planning on grabbing some once the price war stops and it becomes available

Status
Not open for further replies.