Feb 16, 2024
Hi

I wonder if you can help with my compatibility concerns.

I have the below system details in my BIOS…

ASUS Prime H310M-A R2.0 Motherboard with the latest American Megatrends BIOS update

Intel i5-9400F CPU

Total memory 16384MB (DDR4-2133)

Detected ATA/ATAPI Devices…
SATA6G_1: DRW-24D5MT
SATA6G_2: KINGSTON SA400S37240G
SATA6G_3: ST2000DM008-2FR102

The PSU is an RPG Rampage 700w 80 Plus Bronze.

Current fully operational GPU is the GTX 1660 Super.

Hopefully the above information is what you guys need to let me know if…

1: Which of the below GPUs will work with the above (if any)?

2: If they work, are they a simple case of plug it in and it works?

3: If any are suitable, which would be the best option?

A: Gigabyte RTX 3060 Gaming OC 12GB V2 LHR

B: MSI RTX 3060 ti Gaming X 8GB LHR

C: MSI RTX 3070 8GB Gaming X Trio

D: Gigabyte RTX 3080 10GB

E: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming 10GB

I don’t mind upgrading other components going forwards but I can’t immediately so something will need to work with the above system, even if temporarily.

Many thanks for any help or advice anyone can offer.

Danny

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Gamemax power supplies, it's not a brand id be comfortable powering a power hungry graphics cards with. 12v rail supplies 600w with that unit, but it's not just about wattage. There's no reputable reviewers to go by either to really tell how reliable it is, how it handles transient spikes and cross loads. Given that warranty is only two years hints towards being a terrible unit sorry to say, it might start off alright but I'd give it a yr at most before it causes system wide instability problems. Might be ok running igpu, confidence lacking running 3060 or higher graphics cards.

When looking at power supplies, warranty 7+ is usually a good start.

Something in tier A or B. If going for 3080 or equivalent then make sure it's tier A 10+ yr warranty, Corsair Rmx for example. 750w minimum with your processor, 850w if were to upgrade cpu at some stage.

Reactions: PEnns
Feb 16, 2024
Gamemax power supplies, it's not a brand id be comfortable powering a power hungry graphics cards with. 12v rail supplies 600w with that unit, but it's not just about wattage. There's no reputable reviewers to go by either to really tell how reliable it is, how it handles transient spikes and cross loads. Given that warranty is only two years hints towards being a terrible unit sorry to say, it might start off alright but I'd give it a yr at most before it causes system wide instability problems. Might be ok running igpu, confidence lacking running 3060 or higher graphics cards.

When looking at power supplies, warranty 7+ is usually a good start.

Something in tier A or B. If going for 3080 or equivalent then make sure it's tier A 10+ yr warranty, Corsair Rmx for example. 750w minimum with your processor, 850w if were to upgrade cpu at some stage.

Hmm… a lot of you guys mention PSU’s in nearly all posts on here. I think I may have overlooked one of the most fundamental areas of the PC!

Even though I’ve only just put that PSU in I’ll take a look at others, maybe a little less on a GPU with the leftover going towards another PSU!

Thanks for the info, as you can probably tell… I know nothing.

TRENDING THREADS