Question Nvidia graphics card driver "is not compatible with this version of Windows" ?

DevuSin

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2014
After the latest Windows update, Nvidia drivers have been removed from my Asus G15 laptop and I cant seem to re-install them as I keep getting this incompatibility error as in the title. Same error in Geforce Experience. In Device Manager, the nvidia graphics display option is also gone. How can I fix this?

DevuSin

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2014
I missed that the gpu is missing from the device manager. In the bios can you find a selection for pcie device to be used? Your onboard gpu may have died.
I did clean the drivers from ddu but still the the reinstall was not going forward. Anyway I was able to fix the issue. The problem was the damned armoury crate in which the gpu was set to eco mode and it was blocking the installation of the nvidia drivers. Such a weird problem.

DevuSin

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2014
Check the driver you are trying to install.
Mobile gpu's are different from desktop cards of the very similar name.

Also check for the asus software drivers.
I was able to install the drivers once I changed the gpu mode from eco to optimise. That damn thing was what blocking the installation. Weird though why the drivers were removed in the first place I never know.

I did clean the drivers from ddu but still the the reinstall was not going forward. Anyway I was able to fix the issue. The problem was the damned armoury crate in which the gpu was set to eco mode and it was blocking the installation of the nvidia drivers. Such a weird problem.
AArgh Armoury Crate is the worst software. It is the root of all evil for complaints with Asus pc's.