[SOLVED] Nvidia gtx 1050 ti fps drops and lagging

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 7, 2022
Hey, I have an issue with my graphic card. I have Nvidia gtx 1050 ti and I have fps drops and laggin with old and new games like Apex legends, Wolfenstein, Half-Life 2 etc.
I set MSI afterburner overclocking on: Core clock (MHz) +150, Memory clock (MHz) +650. I made the best options on Nvidia control panel and I still have GPU usage on 30%, fps drops and lagging.
My setup is: Processor - Intel core i3-7100 (3,90 GHz)
RAM - 8GB
Windows 10 (version 21H2)
PSU - 550W

I will appreciate every help, thank you

Last edited:
Solution
I checked my motherboard info and it shows me that I have to update it and I have to ask, if I have USB driver with some files on it and then download BIOS on it and try to update my PC with it, will my other files affect BIOS update? I know its confusing

No, it should be absolutely fine. Simply create a folder called 'Bios' or something. Unpack the bios file to that folder. Boot into your bios, and choose the update bios from usb, then locate the file, and let it run. Important note: Make sure you do not interrupt the bios update. let it complete and restart.
Aug 7, 2022
Okay I found the problem. I was using low settings on all games because I did it with my older graphic card (GT 730) and I figured out that I have to use GPU on higher video settings in games so I can use my GPU on 90-100% of usage. I want to thank you for support and help and I´m sorry I didnt realise this. Thanks again for help, you´re the best!

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Okay I found the problem. I was using low settings on all games because I did it with my older graphic card (GT 730) and I figured out that I have to use GPU on higher video settings in games so I can use my GPU on 90-100% of usage. I want to thank you for support and help and I´m sorry I didnt realise this. Thanks again for help, you´re the best!

Ah, that's good. No apology needed. Glad you got it sorted! Happy gaming :)