NVIDIA GTX 350

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Using Crysis as means for performance judgement is the biggest mistake thats going on. People think its all that matters and if a card dosent run crysis like this that and the third, the card is garbage. Judging a cards ability on a Crytek game is a huge mistake. Ill trust 3Dmark numbers thrown off a bridge before I look at Crysis benches and write hardware off left and right all day.

As far as this alleged Nvidia card goes, im still sitting on an extremely high price, but ill go down to $750. 0.5 inches longer than the GTX280, and needing two 8pin plugs.

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
Judge the cards by 24" resolution at their highest forcible anti-aliasing settings.

Nobody says anyone has to judge anything by purely Crysis performance - its just one benchmark and whether you like it or not it still counts.

Case in point - the 4870x2 already shows that it performs incredibly well at its highest forcible AA settings in multiple games; unless Nvidia's "gtx200 x2" (or whatever they call it) can best that kind of performance, then they are wasting developement time that could go into a better product.

I hate to bring in empyrical observations, but I thought i'd comment on this. JDJ is totally right, this game is very much affected by cpu overhead as for every bump in overclock speed I did with my processor my minimum and maximum framerates both respectively went up.

So just from my own empyrical observation of this phenomenon, 3.6ghz on a core2duo is the minimum processor frequency for an SLI setup to shine in this particular title, 4.0 ghz +recommended. Quad core? I could only guess, but i'd assume 3.2 minimum and 3.6ghz + recommended~

mr roboto

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
We can all expect a 55nm GTX 280 refresh with a 256 Bit bus and GDDR5 but not both GDDR5 and a 512 Bit bus. Nvidia would never make any money on those cards if they did release a card with both. Especially since the 4870 is on par with the GTX 260 for what was originally $100 less.

illyg5

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
Yea haha, you all are bugging me out of this bickering about the 4870x2 is fine and the GTX350 woo don't wanna see that in SLI but what about the 5870x2 have any of you even did any research on that that is what the gtx350 have too worry about for from that if they make the right board for that graphics card too go TRI sli or even Quad SLI EVGA have lost the war and Radeon will reclaim the Crown and also the BENCH. So you EVGA lovers pray that they hold this card back because with the specs that it has will leave some off you people breathless.....

Status
Not open for further replies.