Nvidia GTX 480 3-Way SLI Tested Against Radeons

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Impressive, they need 46% more juice than the radeons and they can`t even keep beeing the best overall in the games, they shine only in sponsored nvidia titles from what i see on that site. This reminds me of Adobe and their CS5 suite wich not only forces the consumer to get an nvidia CUDA capable card, they force you to buy only Specific high priced nvidia CUDA cards. I'm starting to feel sick of this nvidia bullshit.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
[citation][nom]caskachan[/nom]AND I MEANT ATI will be coming otu with the refresh. XD how te f do i edit messages?[/citation]
Click "Read the comments on the Forums" then proceed to edit from there.

G

Surely we are likely to see some performance boosts once the drivers have matured?

G

Man the problem with SLI and crossfire X is finding mobos with 3 PCI-E slots that can run at full 16x speeds, and having the cards actually fit in there... also when are ATI going to fix their 5970s? those cards are acting really strange, sometimes giving the performance of a single 5870 or worse..... would love to see them at their full potential, or near it!!

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]shinmalothar[/nom]Surely we are likely to see some performance boosts once the drivers have matured?[/citation]
I don`t wanna imply that they don`t bring new tweaks to their drivers but usually it`s about some numbers in the most used benchmarks out there since on my card i never saw the boost that they talk about in their driver updates, is more like lets see how good we can tweak the driver to perform as best as it can for these particular benchmarks. It happened in the past to bouth the companies be it ATI or Nvidia.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I bet that can fry eggs!

who is seriously in the right mind to do such a thing though? I mean, 3 GTX480s? Who needs so much power?

not to mention you need a small nuclear power plant to power that rig...

shinmalothar

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Im sure fermi will come good at some point in the future, I'm sure the benchmarks proved that the architecture was better suited to the stresses of DX11, until we start to see games that really use DX11 though you would have to be rich/a moron/both to buy one....if you can actually get your hands on one that is.

Chris_TC

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]I bet that can fry eggs![/citation]
Can people stop repeating the same old jokes a million times? This particular one wasn't even funny when it was first made.

asdf634

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
On the bright side, you can save money from buying and using a heater during the winter, 3 Fermis will be more than adequate, so it's not so bad. I bet that's nVidia's bonus feature to their customers!! :)

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
wow tri crossfire 5870 beats "quad" crossfire 5970 in alot of tests. seems to be no point to the 5970.
tri sli 480 holds its own, people are so negative.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]mavroxur[/nom]I was actually expecting to see some charts and numbers.... silly me[/citation]
Usually blue text in a browser means a link, try to click it in the article, and your wish will be done, here you go maybe you won't be able to locate that in the article above.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http://www.hardware.info/nl-NL/articles/amdnampoZGCa/Clash_of_the_Titans_3way_SLI_GTX_480_test/&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhjH3P-YDZsg6IqiMeNmuf_iell90g

awaken688

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
Does this page load incorrectly for any other Chrome users out there? The image and arrows at the top look weird. Did the same thing to me on FF.

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Nice setup :) You need a liquid nitrogen to cool those 480s and a portable nuclear plant to power them up.

What was Nvidia really thinking?.....

Let me rephrase that, "Why Nvidia wasn't thinking?"

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
So they got 3 GTX 480's heh ? That means the rest of the world won't have any left to play with hehehe

I would very much like to be informed what is the room temperature of a setup like that in the middle of summer! 937 watts... that could definitely fry an egg - it's called the "3-way SLI pan"

Status
Not open for further replies.