Nvidia 'Kepler' GeForce GTX 680 Specifications Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The average performance advantage is only around 10%, but Nvidia used the old trick of not setting the baseline to zero... That being said, a 10% advantage is still nice, although a 7970 OC to 1GHz can probably match that, and most can actually be OC to 1.1GHz without any trouble. So for me it looks like a draw, which is not that good for Nvidia as there 4 months behind...

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Can't wait till it hits the shelves! We'll see what the retail price ends up being, and what 3rd party reviewers bench it out at. Only then will we know how the top cards compare.

The ball in in your court AMD. Better get the price guns ready. ;)

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
lmao. Late but great?

Wonder how true this is, if it is then...AMD won't be very happy, will it? I mean this is like GTX 590 performance!

And wow at the power...can Nvidia be efficient? AND compete on price?

Man, scary times for Team Red, if this is true...

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
The graph data is normalized around the performance of the 7970. There is no "trickery" here. According to the graph the 680 will be about 42% faster then a 7970 in Battlefield 3.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
like it or not this is very impressive...... nVidia's code is lot better when it comes to raw performance.....it's kind of like how Intel's cpu code is more superior when compared with AMD's code....you can have powerful hardware but if the code sucks the hardware will also suck

G

Phew! Was gonna get this bad boy specifically to play Civ V at 4xAA. Thanks for the heads up nvidia, gonna go AMD this round!

ChiefTexas_82

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
It looks like it meets or beats the 7970 in most Benchmarks while using 55W less max power. I can't wait until Tom's gets it's hands on one and runs it's own benchmarks. It should be an interesting day to say the least. Don't know if the benchies' make up for Nvidia being last out of the door, though.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]The graph data is normalized around the performance of the 7970. There is no "trickery" here. According to the graph the 680 will be about 42% faster then a 7970 in Battlefield 3.[/citation]

Yeah no trickery here. Ever used a kink in your graphs during school/college/whatever you do now? Same thing's done here.

G

I hope it is this fast but I'm not going to get excited until a see a 3rd party review. I have a feeling this chart is being skewed with some AA tricky. May be faster running AA but not look as good.

tmk221

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
20% better than 7970?? not impressive at all. It'll be probably like 5-10% faster in fair benchamrks not the one provided by nVidia. Also I think AMD have some high end card in their sleeve, I mean their new architecture can be scaled much more imho.

and after all who cares who's card is the fastest one? it's all about pricing

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]Guld80[/nom]So for me it looks like a draw, which is not that good for Nvidia as there 4 months behind...[/citation]
January was 4 months ago?

deathengine

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
[citation][nom]dragonsqrrl[/nom]January was 4 months ago?[/citation]

YOu forgot this was a leap year ;)

This looks promising, but I am looking forward to real benches. But I am looking hard at this to replace my sli gtx460s.

parkerm35

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
A 7970 at the same speeds would match this, or just about. All the wait and it will end up been the same speed clock for clock! What took them so long? It also looks as if AMD are about to launch another high end card to replace the 7970 within the next month or so. NVidia, you have let us down. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.