NVIDIA NOT working after update. Help!!!Please!

Ashatanay13

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
Please help!!!I have a NVIDIA Geforce 560Ti running of Win7, 64bit. I had no problems with the card until th 28th Jan driver update when it stopped working and only showing me the blue screen of death.Restarting and running in the safe mode helps,but so far I have had NO luck with installing other drivers.I completely remove the old drivers by the driver remover software and complete a clean install of the new ones,but nothing helps. On a few occasions my pic booted up,but the monitor went to power saving mode.On other occasions,the BSOD reappeared.I am completely out of ideas....is my card dead??? (Ps there is no dust on it )

Solution

Understood. I've suggested that
Do you have a second PC to try this card in?
. No answer. The process involves reading the event viewer and taking notice of the BSOD. Those two items are akin to a road map. No guessing involved.

I agree the 560 is...

Ashatanay13

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
Yes,it was DDU I used.And yes to the update.I tried installing the December version,didn'the work and even tried installing the .62 version from March last year,having heard it was stable,but no help.I am in no way computer savvy but am trying my best :/
quotemsg=19286420,0,1702850]And by Driver remover software, I would assume DDU.

Is the driver you're talking about the GeForce 378.49 Driver?[/quotemsg]

Ashatanay13

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017

It runs on my integrated basic card then-but when I return it,it only either runs in safe mode or the monitor just goes to standby/or shows the blue screen!

Do you have the BSOD code? The blue screen has directions to the scene of the crime. If the PC restarts before you have a chance to see https://www.lifewire.com/disable-the-automatic-restart-on-system-failure-in-windows-7-2626275 /

Ashatanay13

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
I have given up on hope and completed a clean install of Windows and it is still giving me the same problems no matter which driver I install. ..have tried with older ones and still to no avail.Starting to think whether my card has had it bit don'the know how to heck it scared of spending hundreds on a new card only for it not to work.Don'the know what else to try :(( Thank you so much though for giving me advice -I appreciate your time and am looking forward to any suggesrions.I will try again tomorrow but currently just too depressed to even look at my computer!

Ashatanay13

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
So basically, as dead as a dodo??

funny thing was guys reported there cards burning up / catching fire on one of the last drivers .. my 980 ti I still use 355.82 so I guess I better stay with it ????

just because it a new driver don't by any means make it a better driver

''NVIDIA responded to Engadget on this matter stating that they have so far seen no damages specifically on graphics cards from the latest drivers. ''

and I guess if a bunch were not reporting this no need for this article or statement from NVidia , right ?

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-drivers-burning-issues-gpus/

There is still nothing on other side of the equal sign. You've not let us know about the statement of the event viewer at the time of the failure nor have you let us know what the BSOD said.

needs to test the card in another capable computer to insure the card is bad or something else has went out ? and his system with another known working card like borrow one from a buddy ... all ready pretty extreme when you reinstall windows to fix

pretty much what he describes is a failed card or maybe the psu failing at the pci-e 6/8 pin part of things ??

you got to have some kind of process of elimination or your just guessing and hoping all day

Understood. I've suggested that
. No answer. The process involves reading the event viewer and taking notice of the BSOD. Those two items are akin to a road map. No guessing involved.

I agree the 560 is probably toast. The information offered by those two "services" is critical information when attempting troubleshoot. Without that the user can only guess unless another PC is available. Local PC shops will sometimes have a "dummy" PC available for troubleshooting these types of issues that can usually be used for free or for a nominal cost.

Solution