Nvidia Now Selling Original GTX SLI Bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaint

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
I would like to know if any other manufacturers (EVGA, MSI, etc) will be making something these any time soon. These are nice and all, but let's face it, this would look horrible sitting on top of a Classified card with a a black and red ACX cooler (or whatever you have in your respective build). I'm actually a little surprised this has not ocurred to anyone up until now.

dovah-chan

Honorable

I thought EVGA and Asus (specifically their ROG lineup) had custom SLI bridges already. Also I have no idea why vendors even bother with custom cards other than to lower the cost when the NVTTM cooler is a wonderful cooler on its own right. (its expensive; $50 per unit they say)

fl-gators-fan

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
I bought the 3 way one yesterday and it should arrive by Fedex tomorrow. I already have the 3 way EVGA Pro SLI bridge and I hope that the 3 way one from Nvidia is spaced the same. 80mm from end to end.

I'm using the 3 way SLI bridges, as they look better then the 2 way, and the spacing on my motherboard is 80mm, from first PCI-e 3.0 x16 to the second PCI-e 3.0 x16.

neoclerodane

Reputable
Jul 3, 2014
I ordered one and it arrived one day later! Great, but continue reading.

The bridge I ordered was the two-way spaced bridge, and on the order confirmation, packing slip and invoice - 2-way spaced SLI bridge is specified - perfect! However, upon opening the box - guess what - it's the small two way bridge.

I called the nvidia customer care center (hosted by Digital River) and explained the error. They are sending a printable shipping label so I can send the bridge back for a refund. I asked if they could just send me a replacement, the answer was no. They said my refund would not be processed until the goods have been received back at the warehouse. Makes sense, I get it. They also told me that I would need to place another order with them to have another bridge sent out. I asked "why would I do that when I risk receiving the wrong product again?" - the response was "you won't".

Simple picking and packing error, I get it... But, it's frustrating and I'm not going to place another fucking order.

Actually, another thing I find kind of humorous is a statement on the invoice saying "I declare that all information in this invoice to be true and correct" and it's signed! Haha.

Thanks nvidia, it's a cool looking bridge, unfortunately not the one I ordered. And a big thanks goes out to Digital River for some excellent customer service.

omalley

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
I really wish they made a 2 way sli bridge for a 1 slot gap. Most motherboards use that on the zX7 and AM3+ which is the most common boards used. It really sucks that the only 2 way bridges are either no space or 2 space. -_- I'm thinking of buying the 2 way with 2 space then buying EVGAs 2 way 2 space and trying to mod the nvidia one to fit on the EVGA one.

fl-gators-fan

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Mine came in yesterday (1 day after placing order) and I love it!! Got the 3 way, instead of the 2 way spaced as I thought it would look better. It's pretty heavy though, but built very sturdily.

Here's a pic :)

DSCN1902_zps9857bd7e.jpg

frankjameswilson

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
I was just going to buy a roll of wire and duct tap and make my own SLI bridge, slap some metallic paint on it then a few thousand volts for some extra power.

neoclerodane

Reputable
Jul 3, 2014
Quick Update:

Remember how I was sent the wrong bridge? And I was mad?

Well guess what? I just received a package straight from nvidia HQ in Santa Clara with the proper bridge.

It turns out nvidia caught wind of my experience and wanted to make it right - nice job! Quite unexpected and I'm very thankful. I am no longer a sour puss.

Status
Not open for further replies.